Kubota still offering 0 percent financing

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #211  
Now that we have a cab, if I ever get another one, it will be standard equipment.

I honestly don't know how I survived without one. Just the bugs and dust mitigation are pleasant differences. Especially so on the ground bees when they are bouncing around off the glass. On the outside, LOL.
I don’t regret getting the open station 4 years ago. I’ve spent a lot of seat time with a pole saw or loppers reaching overhead finding & cutting limbs and vines. I mow a lot of fire breaks around pine stands that have been neglected. I’ve found the best solution is a compact forestry mulcher, but boy that gets expensive quick. o_O

I’ll likely keep both tractors for a while. I’ve eaten most of the early depreciation now. I am really looking forward to the A/C and the protection from the gnats, humidity, and dust too. GNATS🤬 The Kubota Grand L with the hi/low transmission has truly spoiled me.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #212  
I’ll likely keep both tractors for a while. I’ve eaten most of the early depreciation now. I am really looking forward to the A/C and the protection from the gnats, humidity, and dust too. GNATS🤬 The Kubota Grand L with the hi/low transmission has truly spoiled me.

That hi/low transmission is awesome. Do you set yours to shift H/L automatically - or do you prefer to shift it yourself with the lever on the steering column?

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #213  
I have had to actually use my Nationwide Agribusiness insurance for my business on tractors and equipment probably 3 times in last 10 years. It was an excellent experience each time. Unlike you, I have a business to run with 15+ pieces of equipment to insure.
So no, I don’t need Kubotas overpriced insurance to get excellent service. I am smart enough to know Kubota is making a tremendous profit off their overpriced insurance and also can see right through their “0%” scheme, and anyone else's for that matter.
There are different insurance options for businesses vs. individuals. You no doubt have the best option for your business. That doesn’t mean it’s the best option for an individual.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #214  
I don’t regret getting the open station 4 years ago. I’ve spent a lot of seat time with a pole saw or loppers reaching overhead finding & cutting limbs and vines. I mow a lot of fire breaks around pine stands that have been neglected. I’ve found the best solution is a compact forestry mulcher, but boy that gets expensive quick. o_O

Gnats are one of the worst experiences of an open station tractor. But still I would have broken the glass a long time ago while mowing among the trees on my property if I had a cab tractor.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #215  
Heck, I'll bet my current house. I worked in banking for nearly 30 years. Both top 10 U.S. banks. Both had deals. Auto loans are not typically direct, though there are some that do direct loans. Banks make the offer. Dealerships typically have up to 2% more they can add in. Dealerships make money on that. The trick for them is if they push on a super prime customer, they will walk. The bank can encourage the dealer to remain at 0% on those customers and make it their margin on others.

I am sorry if I sound arrogant. If you would open your mind to our knowledge of banking and finance, like I open my mind to your knowledge of logging, perhaps it would not sound so much like arrogance. I come here to learn about what I don't know in exchange for sharing what I know. I have no interest in you or anyone else here being taken advantage of.
You're complicating things. You discuss aspects of banking as it applies to overall loan designation along with money manipulation that the banking industry utilizes. I am talking how 0% is structured within the goods and services world.
I am talking straight with what i know as a former car/truck sales person, investment strategist, and current employee for a Mahindra dealership.

The guys I worked with in the forest were no bs type of guys. Plain talk and if they didn't know what they were talking about, they said nothing. I started w them at 16 yrs of age so that's ingrained with me.

I speak of what I know and tell people directly of what that knowledge is.
If I do not know, I ask questions. If those questions do not get answered, then I'm done w the topic.

Also, if you invested in S&P indexes from 3 years ago that had holdings in Disney, Pay Pal and other vaunted alleged money makers, you would have lost quite a bit by now.
Who knew the pandemic was coming. But some ETF's I know of have lost a total of over 200 billion dollars for their dabblers.

You know as I do their are no guarantees in the investment world and I stand by my statement that some of us do not have that time to wait for the rebound.
I will say your notion of investing the money one does not pay forward for any low interest loan is a good one.

Last edited:
   / Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #216  
Nearly every bank offers 0% loans. Use a credit card. You use the banks cash and pay nothing for 30-45 days. As long as you pay in full, you pay nothing extra.

The time horizon on loans actually varies. Sometimes you get a better rate with shorter terms, less often with longer terms, but it does happen. Check Bankrate.
C'mon Torvy, that's a drop in the bucket to this conversation.
No cc company is giving away free money for 5 to 7 years as some 0% percent schemes claim.
And, cc companies love when you're late w a payment for even a day.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #217  
You're complicating things. You discuss aspects of banking as it applies to overall loan designation along with money manipulation that the banking industry utilizes. I am talking how 0% is structured within the goods and services world.
I am talking straight with what i know as a former car/truck sales person, investment strategist, and current employee for a Mahindra dealership.

The guys I worked with in the forest were no bs type of guys. Plain talk and if they didn't know what they were talking about, they said nothing. I started w them at 16 yrs of age so that's ingrained with me.

I speak of what I know and tell people directly of what that knowledge is.
If I do not know, I ask questions. If those questions do not get answered, then I'm done w the topic.

Also, if you invested in S&P indexes from 3 years ago that had holdings in Disney, Pay Pal and other vaunted alleged money makers, you would have lost quite a bit by now.
Who knew the pandemic was coming. But some ETF's I know of have lost a total of over 200 billion dollars for their dabblers.

You know as I do their are no guarantees in the investment world and I stand by my statement that some of us do not have that time to wait for the rebound.
I will say your notion of investing the money one does not pay forward for any low interest loan is a good one.

Arrow, your persistence in your point of view and resistance to others has made me curious. Are you open to studying how loans and interest actually work? You've already gone from logging to brain work. Interested in going farther?

Teaching yourself something involves making all the mistakes. A couple of basic lessons cuts the losses remarkably.

As far as ETFs and Index Funds are concerned, you and I partly agree. I also know a lot of people who have dabbled and lost a lot of money. And a few who have slightly better.

As to your statement, "You know as I do their are no guarantees in the investment world and I stand by my statement that some of us do not have that time to wait for the rebound."

I completely agree. If you do not have the time to wait for the rebound, then DO NOT INVEST. There will always be waves. It's kind of like surfing.

rScotty

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #218  
You're complicating things. You discuss aspects of banking as it applies to overall loan designation along with money manipulation that the banking industry utilizes.

2 things. It is not complicating things to explain how it actually works. If you told me exactly how logging works, it would sound complicated. If I said ' logging is easy, you just cut the tree and it falls over', it would be about on par with how you are understanding finance. I'm honest-to-god trying to help, but you have to open yourself to the fact that you don't know enough about this topic and some of us do. Let us help.

S&P index returns over the last 3 years are over 50%, or about 13.5% per year. Remember, while a fund might include some losing stocks, it also includes the winners. For example, Monster (the beverage company) has an average rate of return of over 34% per year. This is part of the reason we would encourage inexperienced investors to use broad market funds like the S&P. We are not suggesting you invest in individual stocks that happen to be part of the S&P.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing
That doesn’t mean it’s the best option for an individual.
Most likely it's not available for an individual anyway. Just like our farm insurance, you have to be a registered business (farming operation to qualify) to have it.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #220  
C'mon Torvy, that's a drop in the bucket to this conversation.
No cc company is giving away free money for 5 to 7 years as some 0% percent schemes claim.
And, cc companies love when you're late w a payment for even a day.
5-7, no. 2, yes.

I currently have balances on four CCs that I have not and will not pay a penny of interest on. All offered 0% interest periods on anywhere from 12-24 months based on the amount of the purchase.

All four offered initial bonus, coupon or rebates that have totaled around $600 for me.

I got $600 or so, got the items I wanted and am taking the life of the term to make the payments. I've worked it out to pay all off about a month before the of the terms to avoid any 'balloon' penalties

That's also helping my credit rating so I can take advantge of more similar offers after the first of next year.

That $600, plus more from other bonus or rebate programs has gone into a higher interest savings account to build even more.

S&P index returns over the last 3 years are over 50%, or about 13.5% per year.

Not sure if you're familiar with the US Thrift Savings Plan, basically a 401K type plan for Federal Employees. I was around 15% or more until this past quarter in a fund that tries to follow the S&P. Currently down, but it looks like it will recover some soon.