Kubota SUDT2

/ Kubota SUDT2 #1  

mjonesnh

Gold Member
Tractor
TC34DA
Have recently noticed that Kubota has released a synthetic version of the SUDT UTF. Has anyone considered running this in a non Kubota HST tractor (mine is a New Holland TC34Da). Thought this would be comparable to the Amsoil brand that seems to be fairly popular on this board when switchig to a synthetic UTF but at a lower cost, $97.21/ 5 gal. bucket.

/ Kubota SUDT2 #3  
Have recently noticed that Kubota has released a synthetic version of the SUDT UTF. Has anyone considered running this in a non Kubota HST tractor (mine is a New Holland TC34Da). Thought this would be comparable to the Amsoil brand that seems to be fairly popular on this board when switchig to a synthetic UTF but at a lower cost, $97.21/ 5 gal. bucket.

I switched from UDT to SUDT last fall and immediately had to deal with a number of hydraulic system problems in a new tractor that had worked flawlessly until then. Given that experience I think I'll give their new product a pass. The only way I would consider changing from something known to be good over to a new and unproven product into my own tractor would be if Kubota would agree to cover any problems that might happen. And even then, why do it? Where's the advantage?
rScotty

/ Kubota SUDT2
I have not seen, with certainty, that it is synthetic. Have you?

Label states "Superior Synthetic Performance"

/ Kubota SUDT2 #6  
Just changed the fluids in my B2320...took three of these. Half the reason I changed the fluid at 50 hrs was to put the synthetic in there.

Attachments

• P1011115.jpg
    P1011115.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 322
   / Kubota SUDT2 #8  
about 10% cheaper than SUDT.

Are there any rules as to what the marketing department can call it? If so, is "synthetic performance" the same a being a synthetic or just that it works that way....whatever way that is? BTW, is this performance difference defined or just hot air?
And what does "super synthetic" mean? What I'm wondering is if this all advertising hype like the SUDT was? Anyone know?
rScotty

/ Kubota SUDT2 #9  
Just changed the fluids in my B2320...took three of these. Half the reason I changed the fluid at 50 hrs was to put the synthetic in there.

3? Wow. Mine takes 11.

JayC

/ Kubota SUDT2 #10  
is it synthetic, and about 10% cheaper than SUDT.

Great, but define synthetic...It can be a group 3 and be called this..Amsoil is a group 4+ (years ago)....

If this newer fluid is better then for old SUDT, Kubota was taking the people for a ride on cost for years, big time..