Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min.

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #1  

r4990

Tractor
MTD
I have a TG 1860 G with an odd problem. After about 30 minutes cutting time, the mower will stop like it runs out of gas. I can keep it running a little by putting on the choke but it will barely run and eventually won't run at all.

I have an inline fuel filter on the inlet to the fuel pump that shows fuel in it. The first time it happened I thought it was trash in the carb so I disassembled and cleaned it. Did that the second time too. After cleaning the carb I had the same problem.

The last time it happened, I just let it sit out of frustration then went back a couple of hours later and it started and ran great. I assume it would have shut down again after about 30 minutes but I didn't have that much left to cut.

It's not overheating and it's not vapor locking (I can pull the fuel line off the filter when this happens and it runs out freely plus there is fuel in the filter). I pulled the line from the fuel pump to the carb and fuel pumps when the engine turns over.

Any ideas? Its got me stumped.

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #2  
I had a somewhat similar problem with my TG1860G 2 years ago...
It would behave like it was running out of gas, same as you, but only occasionally. Other times, it would run rough and puff black smoke like it was flooded. Under that condition, when I shut it down, gas would dribble out the neoprene tubing that comes out of the carb on the left side.
The fuel pump checked out okay, but when I took the carb apart, I found that the float (black plastic?) seemed to be catching on the burrs inside the casting of the carb. I deburred that area of the carb, no more float problems, it's been running fine ever since.
I figured some times the float would sometimes hang up with the needle valve closed, sometimes stick down with the needle valve open... resulting in my 2 differing symptoms.
Hope this helps.

Pete

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #3  
I had this same problem with my tractor. I tried everything i could think of, but nothing fixed it untill the mechanic checked the valves. They was out of adjustment.

After they was adjusted it ran perfect.for years untoll I sold it.
Hope this helps

Roy

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #4  
I have a TG 1860 G with an odd problem. After about 30 minutes cutting time, the mower will stop like it runs out of gas. I can keep it running a little by putting on the choke but it will barely run and eventually won't run at all.

I have an inline fuel filter on the inlet to the fuel pump that shows fuel in it. The first time it happened I thought it was trash in the carb so I disassembled and cleaned it. Did that the second time too. After cleaning the carb I had the same problem.

The last time it happened, I just let it sit out of frustration then went back a couple of hours later and it started and ran great. I assume it would have shut down again after about 30 minutes but I didn't have that much left to cut.

It's not overheating and it's not vapor locking (I can pull the fuel line off the filter when this happens and it runs out freely plus there is fuel in the filter). I pulled the line from the fuel pump to the carb and fuel pumps when the engine turns over.

Any ideas? Its got me stumped.
I know this is like 9 years ago, but wanted to share that I had what appears to be the same problem. I was also at my wits end. I’d tried the fuel filter, fuel solenoid, etc. , but the problem just seemed to get worse. Finally I tried disconnecting the hose on the side of the fuel filter that runs to the fuel pump and I removed the fuel solenoid so as to drop the bowl on the carb. I then blew compressed air thru the hose. What was more of a trickle of gas turned into a stream. I put it back together and it ran fine after that, but I noticed that it spewed a little from the weep hole in the fuel pump. So I bought another fuel pump, replaced it and it’s been running like a champ. Interesting how the failure of a small item like that can render a 4 to 5K machine useless. Anyway, I hope that helps someone else having the same problem. I just fixed my system a few days ago - love it when I resolve an issue and the equipment is working again.

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #5  
I have had the exact same problem for years. My T 1870 is now dead. I wonder if there could be an electrical issue? When it runs it runs great, My machine is 17 yrs old and I would really rather keep it than search for new. I've had the carb apart several times but so far the patient is dead.

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #6  
After a trip to the local repair center a new aftermarket carb was installed. My little tractor is running better than new now. The bill was a little over $300.00 but still way less than $$ for a new one. A new Kubota carb was over $900.00, so I feel very fortunate my little unit runs actually better than new!

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #7  
I also have a TG 1860G ... Got a few months ago and no real problem but looking for an operating manual. If anyone knows where I can grab a free on, can you let me know please.... Thanks

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #8  
Check on EBay. I found full shop manual, operator manual and even sales brochure literature on there for my G2160

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #9  
Thanks, will give it a shot...

/ Kubota TG 1860 G quits after about 30 min. #10  
And BTW they were the actual factory ones not reporos, or CD copies. I wanted true paper things I could read and hold. If I know I am going to work on something where I might get the pages greasy I take the manual to my copier and copy those pages I need in the garage. Then simply toss them when done