Kubota TG1860G transmission breather hose repair

/ Kubota TG1860G transmission breather hose repair #1  

coaster

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 715
Yesterday I posted a question in regards to any possible videos for this lawn tractor here. I received a lot of feedback from that post on another site. The previous post tells the story of how I came by this tractor. So in the process of doing things like attaching the mower deck, etc., I came across what I think is a breather hose with a button on top that connects into the transmission case. There appears to be a plastic hose barb that may be threaded into the case. That plastic barb is broken, so it will need to be replaced. Just wondering if anyone has had to do this before and could recommend steps - i.e. what's best to use to remove the broken hose barb piece... I'll try attaching a pic here of the hose/broken barb. Appreciate any feedback.

1626787443731.png

/ Kubota TG1860G transmission breather hose repair
I think I may have a bead on how to go about this now. I talked to a guy from the local deal and they do make just the plastic part (hose barb maybe). It's on order now, but he confirmed that it is a threaded piece and I should be able to get it out with a flathead. I was thinking about curve needle-nosed pliers as well. I'll try backing that out later today.