Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #1  

David_Kb7uns

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota X 4
I know I have gone round and round with people wanting the best filters for there equipment and years ago when I got the BX2230 I looked at some of the NAPA crossed filters and came across some of the filters on a site where they were rated and examined inside and did not like some of them as they were clearly undersized for the tractor work.

Also did not like NAPA/WIX recommending a 50 micron screen in place of a paper water blocking element for the Kubota inline diesel fuel filter. While Kubota has never listed the micron rating of the fuel filters I know they will stop the water.

Came across this today, Thank You Neil for restoring the idea that I have made the correct choice in staying with the Kubota OEM filters the images will pretty much explain why I do not use WIX for my Kubota.

Napa Filters VS Kubota Filters - Do you need OEM filters? - YouTube

David

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #2  
Makes sense to me

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #3  
WOW it's amazing how much smaller the filtering area on the Napa/Wix filter is compared to the Kubota filter.

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #5  
Wix: made in USA by fellow Americans. Kubota: made in Indonesia.

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters
Would rather have a proper fitting filter made anywhere then a poor fitting filter made in the US. WIX knows how to make a proper oil filter they just choose to take a shortcut and spec the wrong filter both for the oil and the fuel systems on the BX series tractors and people should consider their profit motive over what is the right filter for the application.

Do not go waving the American flag when it is corporate greed for profit by WIX in giving us poor filters.

David

Last edited:
   / Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #7  
Interesting video. Thanks for posting.

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #8  
What I don't under stand is, IF Wix is such a bad filter, how come all the Kubota owners that are using them, aren't here complaining about their DEAD Kubota's???

SR

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #9  
What I don't under stand is, IF Wix is such a bad filter, how come all the Kubota owners that are using them, aren't here complaining about their DEAD Kubota's???

SR

Good question.

As these discussions progress I'm always a bit surprised at the percentage of Wix filter users. I use them on everything I own with an oil filter, 10 engines total.

/ Kubota VS WIX/NAPA oil filters #10  
Talking about oil filters is like opening a can of worms.

Seems everyone either has a filter brand that they use exclusively.... or one that they avoid exclusively......based on someone at some time years ago having a problem.

Just because ONE filter of brand X is "better" than ONE filter of brand Y....doesnt mean the same thing is true across all filter models of brand X and brand Y.

And I said it in the other thread......but with all this emphasis on the importance of the size and area of the filter media.......why in the world are filters getting smaller and smaller....down to tea-cup sized filters we use now? What happened to the old full-quart sized filters that used to be on everything?

For me.....on my MX and on my last L3400.......I use a XG8A fram......same as a napa/wix 1515......and its a full quart sized filter.

Not gonna go spend $$ on an OEM just to cut open......but I'd wager a bet that I have 2x the surface area of the kubota filter. So for less money.....more convenient to buy....and 2x better filter......the question becomes why use the inferior OEM filter?