Kubota ZD21F Diesel - Turns over but won't start

/ Kubota ZD21F Diesel - Turns over but won't start #1  

MDCKubota

Tractor
Kubota ZD21F and Kubota B7200
Purchased a used 2004 Kubota ZD21F last fall. It has approx. 900 hours. I've had trouble getting it started since I brought it home. It turns over but won't start until I've tried it 10 or 11 times. Has anyone else had this problem? I found a thread on here that mentions the not starting problem but they reference the solenoid clicking but mower doesn't turn over. Does anyone know if the John Deere relay kit solution works for this situation? Does it sound like glow plugs need to be replaced? Thanks for any advice.

/ Kubota ZD21F Diesel - Turns over but won't start #2  
Have you checked the glow plugs? If you've had a fuel line apart to check fuel flow you will need to bleed the air out of the lines. Be sure you have good air flow. If the filter is clean you could have an obstruction between the air filter and the engine intake.

/ Kubota ZD21F Diesel - Turns over but won't start #3  
The relay fix is for low voltage at the starter solenoid. The symptom is the solenoid has a weak click and the starter doesn't engage. I've done this fix for both my ZD21 and BX22.

Have you changed fuel filters? Sounds like a lack of fuel or glow plugs if it is cold enough. You might also look at the shut off relay and make sure it is fully retracted.