Kubota ZD28 Losing Power

Glowplug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
I have a Kubota ZD28F zero turn mower with 700 hours. I believe it is a 2005. Just recently it started losing power after a period of use. Basically it will run fine then after some time, maybe a half hour or so, it will start to periodically lose power, almost to the point of cutting out. If I just sit there and turn the blades off after a moment it will regain power and run fine until it does it again. It seems to likely be a problem with the fuel delivery. I am going to get a new fuel filter as the next step. The thing that is so strange and interesting though is that it doesn't do it until after it has been running a bit. I found this thread the other day and this is exactly the same problem I am having. Unfortunately the thread has no final resolution. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

art

Tractor
all makes and models
You might want to double check but I believe that there is a hard to find filter that often gets missed near the frame other then the obvious one!

628pm

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota f2690, 2020 Kubota BX23S, JD Gator 2018 XUV835M HVAC
I had to replace my 2 filters on my zd326 because it was doing what you described.

Bigkrank

Gold Member
I have to replace both filters and blow out the line every year. Always solves it. I also had to replace the electric fuel pump a couple years ago.