Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall
Asteral,
I am appreciate the information from the dealer side of things. Curious if Branson just used the same injectors for the 2400 & 2800 figuring the Turbo on the 2800 would make the difference in power and no one would question the same engine with different HP ratings.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #12  
Yeah I got one and trashed it.....no longer owned the unit. I figured it was a lot of hoop la anyway considering its HP.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #14  
so ill tell you what was explained to me by Branson about this "recall" what it basically boils down to is EPA interference, someone or some company reported that branson was not following epa emission guidelines on some of their recent runs of 2400/10 models, so Branson apparently used oversized injectors this means the tractors supposedly being sold as 24hp, and 25hp respectively were actually outputting 26/27 hp for the 00 series, and 28/29 hp for the 10 series which puts them out of line for a tractor to have no emissions standards, so The EPA contacted branson and told them to fix the problem by offering an option Recall service which would entail installing smaller injectors and more restricting governor spring and throttle plate to reduce the overall hp from the engine back down to 23.5/24hp.

For me i have been advising my customer to only have this done if they want to actually do it as it is completely optional and this will not hurt the tractor to not have it done, however the letter is intentionally misleading as the EPA wants it to be, i spoke with the Head of the warranty department form Branson an no point will this reduce or remove a warranty period from the customers tractor if they choose not to have this optional service done to their equipment.

i hope this clears some things up about this "recall"
Does anyone know the time frame when Branson was making these overspec models? I have been half seriously keeping my eyes open for a used 2510 and finding one with a few extra HP might be the incentive I need to get more serious. Thanks.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #15  
i cant pinpoint exactly but i can say based on the serial numbers i was given it would be mid 2019- to mid 2020

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #16  
i cant pinpoint exactly but i can say based on the serial numbers i was given it would be mid 2019- to mid 2020
Asteral,
Thanks as always for the information. As Ron White said, "That is a handy piece of information to have".

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #17  
I also got the letter for my 2400h and I'm leaving things as they are.

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #18  
Re call,
Mine is a 2018 model 2400 and I did get a letter, I will leave it as is , I don’t push it but I was lifting some good size logs with my EA 50” grapple this summer clearing my property. My 2400h w/bh did an awesome job installing water lines , septic system,road and clearing brush, very happy with it’s performance, thanks everyone for the info, Dan

/ Kukje A1100N2 emissions recall #19  
I agree that little 2400 is an awesome tractor.