L2900 Owners

/ L2900 Owners #1  

design

Silver Member
Tractor
M5400
On Tuesday I am planning on completing a deal on a 2900GST w/ a la480. What are your thoughts on both the tractor and the loader? Should I wait for a 3130/3430 with loader to come up for sale?
Have there been any issues with this model that I should be concerned about? The tractor has about 250 hours and appears to be in good condition.
Thank you in advance.
design

/ L2900 Owners
The L2900 is in the garage. Are there any owners of L2900's out there?
Design

/ L2900 Owners
The L2900 is in the garage. Are there any owners of L2900's out there?
Design

/ L2900 Owners #4  
I've put about 900 hours on a L2900 GST over the past five years. Only problem I ever had was a leaky seal on the front axle. No big repair. It is a workhorse. I did a lot of box grading and mowing. The L480 did a fine job. I did have the tooth bar on the bucket...

Congrats!

/ L2900 Owners
2900 owners,
What does one find a copy of the owners manual and the shop manual?
Also it seems twitchy about starting. Sometimes it starts and sometimes all i hear is a click.
The 2900 has 240 hours and is a '00 model, (I think is was built near the end of production SN 62032.)
Also, what due you use for rear weight? I have had the rear end off the ground 2 out of the last 3 times using the tractor. (I have a very light weight 60" rear blade currently)

Design

/ L2900 Owners #6  
I'm not a L2900 owner but I do have a L2800 that is 29hp.
Your starting problem is more than likely a bad connection on a battery cable or corrosion on cable, ground cable is where I would start.

Rear ballast can be had in a # of ways, filling the rear tires is a good start or wheel weights then get a ballast box, heavy BB or bush hog.
I use a 830lb BB for my rear ballast and filled rear tires.

/ L2900 Owners #7  
You can get the manuals throught Kubota. I ordered mine online through tractorsmart.com. Kuboto prints the manual when ordered so it takes longer than parts. They come from the west coast.

Not totally sure about the shop manual, my guess is the same. Also check Ebay for the parts manual and such. Basically selling PDF files of them for $20 or so.

/ L2900 Owners #8  
Beware of some L2900 owners manuals. I have a 1996 L2900 and the owners manual specifies the oil capacity w/filter is 3.5 Liter or about 3.8 quarts which is an error in the manual. It holds 5.8 quarts of oil. My kubota L2900 is now having a new engine installed at the tune of $6000.00 because of my reliance on the manual. The 3.8 quarts will show in the operating range on the dip stick but was not enough to get sufficent oil to the second and third piston when the engine was in a strane.

/ L2900 Owners #9  
cb6011 said:
Beware of some L2900 owners manuals. I have a 1996 L2900 and the owners manual specifies the oil capacity w/filter is 3.5 Liter or about 3.8 quarts which is an error in the manual. It holds 5.8 quarts of oil. My kubota L2900 is now having a new engine installed at the tune of $6000.00 because of my reliance on the manual. The 3.8 quarts will show in the operating range on the dip stick but was not enough to get sufficent oil to the second and third piston when the engine was in a strane.

WOW that sucks. What does kubota say? Did they supplement the manual? My L2500 says 6.9qts. Here is the spec page from the manual.

Attachments

• manual.JPG
    manual.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 1,206
   / L2900 Owners #10  
I have the L3000 DT and the manual states 5.8 qts. of oil including oil filter and when I changed oil and filter I put in 6 qts of oil and ran the engine for about 5 minutes and checked the oil level after a few minutes, I had to drain about a 1/2 quart. I don't think the manuals are exactly right on the capacities of the fluids.