3-Point Hitch L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch.

/ L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch. #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
I for some reason keep bending the Comp-stablizer bar on my 3 point hitch. I have the Backhoe bracket mounted and I'm thinking this
bracket must limit the play of the stabilizer bars, and if I'm not careful and the stabilzer gets hung up the Comp-stablilizer part bends. Possibly this
is meant to happen to avoid causing further damage...anyone here know? So I'm finally looking at getting a Pat's Quick hitch kit for my 3 point hitch...Anyone here running a L3240 and have installed Pat's hitch, how do you like it? I'm thinking the Pat's Quick hitch will keep the stabilizer arms
spread wide enough to prevent them getting hung up.
Happy New Year...

Clinto

/ L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch. #2  
I don't have the L3240 but do have the Pats quick hitch on my BX2350 and love it. I got mine on Ebay with the bar to go between the arms for what most are asking for just the quick hitch knuckles. It is also great if your impliments are different catagories as mine are. Some cat 1 some cat 0.
By putting the cross bar in from the bottom up it does not interfere with the PTO shaft on my tiller.

/ L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch. #3  
I have Pat's weld on style and love them. L3700SU and L3800HST

/ L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch.
I'm going with the Pat's, I've had a Harbor Freight quick attach but not all my attachment are compatable with it Pat's seem easier to get
to work with a wider range of attachments, I don't mind playing with the top link.

/ L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch. #5  
Not sure what you might like. I made complete new lower arms for ours so thy are the exact length as original with the pats welded in place. Also the basic L has turn buckle sway chains. I made rigid sway bars so the lower arms do not swing. This works great and the center is always open for PTO shafts. Need to learn how to post pictures.

/ L3240 3 point hitch ... looking at Pat's Quick Hitch. #6  
I for some reason keep bending the Comp-stablizer bar on my 3 point hitch. I have the Backhoe bracket mounted and I'm thinking this
bracket must limit the play of the stabilizer bars, and if I'm not careful and the stabilzer gets hung up the Comp-stablilizer part bends. Possibly this
is meant to happen to avoid causing further damage...anyone here know? So I'm finally looking at getting a Pat's Quick hitch kit for my 3 point hitch...Anyone here running a L3240 and have installed Pat's hitch, how do you like it? I'm thinking the Pat's Quick hitch will keep the stabilizer arms
spread wide enough to prevent them getting hung up.
Happy New Year...

Clinto

I had the Pats hitch system on my L3430 and loved it! I also had a backhoe bracket but never bent a stabilizer. I bought Pats for my new MX5800 but haven't installed them yet. The only thing to keep in mind is the Pats hitch extends the length of the 3 pt drag arms by about 4" which will limit the lift capacity by a few pounds. It also affects the working length of your top link and PTO shaft on some implements. If you get the bolt on style, check the tightness of the attachment bolts occasionally. They have a tendency to work loose under certain conditions. I put Loctite on mine which helped.