L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...?

/ L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...? #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
After taking my BH90 off of my L3240 today, I couldn't quite figure how to
stow/adjust the rear BH hoses so they don't get in the way of the 3pt hitch, or get kinked. Anyone here lend some experience on this, and or pictures how you fold these hoses so they don't get caught up in the 3pt hitch or rub the rear right tire?

Tks, BY

/ L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...? #2  
For a temporary solution, you could use a zip tie or two (or a bungee) to tie them to the bottom of the ROPS, or somewhere similar to keep them up and out of the way.

/ L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...? #3  
I have a large zip tie permanently attached (loosely) to the back that I loop the hydro hose through before it connects back to the tractor. It keeps it tight to the right side so the 3 point doesn't bite it.
Sorry I don't have a picture right now. I'm going to my farm this afternoon and will try to remember to snap a pic and post it for you.

/ L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...?
Hi Happyman,
thanks for the info, post a picture if you get a chance, I'm going to try and rig something up temproary with a bungy cord. Maybe I'm worried too much about this hose getting kinked or cut, but better to be safe than have to replace the hose later and/or have a hydraulic leak.

See ya,
BotaYota:D

/ L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...? #5  
I simply loop the longer hose over the lower ROPS brace...

Attachments

• DSCN0260 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0260 (Small).JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0261 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0261 (Medium).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 163
   / L3240 BH rear hydraulic cables...? #6  
WOW :eek: thats one long hose. Mine is much shorter. I actually have a zip tie on the right side rops support and loop it through that....picture tomorrow.

My rear hydraulic hose isn't that long either, heres a picture. Currently using a
bungie to hold it away from danger :D

Attachments

• 2008_August05 001.jpg
    2008_August05 001.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 2008_August05 002.jpg
    2008_August05 002.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 224
Phil, After looking at your pictures some more I now know why your rear hyraulic hose is longer. My hose is routed under that gold flang hook that is to the right top side of the hydraulic coupler. Your hose is routed straight out above the hydraulic fill plug.

BY