l3240 grease fittings

/ l3240 grease fittings #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
Looking to find out if all the grease fittings on the L3240, FEL, and BH are all the same size, or different? Some I noticed are angled while otheres are
straight fittings. What sizes are common to Kubota?

Thanks,
BY

/ l3240 grease fittings #2  
The nipple end is all the same size, the other end (threaded) side can very.

/ l3240 grease fittings
OK that is what I wanted to know...that the "threaded side varies"
What are some of the sizes used on Kubota tractors? I want to buy some
replacements and have them available.

BY

/ l3240 grease fittings #4  
Not to be obtuse or anything :eek: , but why would you need any extras? In all my years of various types of equipment requiring grease, I have never had a zerk fitting fall out or break. That doesn't mean they won't break. But if they do you can easily back-out what's left and hit the hardware store for a replacement. You can still use the FEL or any other piece of equipment without the nipple in there. Just don't leave it without a grease fitting for very long. My two cents....;)

/ l3240 grease fittings #5  
I broke a zerk fitting on my loader the first time I ever touched it with the grease gun. Prior to that I'd never broken a zerk on any thing.

I have a hard time lubing my Kubota loader. It could be my grease gun but its new and it was expensive, Lincoln maybe? The problem is that it attaches to the zerk easily but then doesn't want to come off. So if I adjust the grease gun end to be a little looser then the grease squirts out. I've fiddled with it endlessly and can't get it just right.

When I attached it the first time to one of the angled zerks it would not come back off. Wrenched it around a bit and broke the zerk.

So I wonder if there is something weird about 'Kubota' zerks. Never had a problem like this anywhere else and I've lubed lots of cars and trucks.

/ l3240 grease fittings #6  
N80, I agree :(
I thought it was my grease gun when I first tried to grease the FEL. After changing the business end of the gun I still had the same problem...I could get the gun on the zerk, but it wouldn't let it go :mad:
Haven't broken a zerk yet, but I'm sure I will at some point in time. I don't think it's the Kubota because my Woods PRD8400 finish cutter does the same thing.
If anyone wants to try some new fittings to see if there is a difference, please let us know:eek:
Anyone else have this problem?

/ l3240 grease fittings
Haahaa just my thoughts after reading all of these zerk fitting horor stories, and breaking off zerks, that is why I want to have some backup just incase.
I haven't put the grease gun to any of my grease fittings just yet, but will shortly. I'll let you know if I have any sticky zerks:D

BY

/ l3240 grease fittings #8  
I have had similar situation with getting gun on but not getting it off easy. Also I have two fittings that do not want to take grease. Grease actually come out around the treads vs going in. Not sure what the deal is with that.:confused:

/ l3240 grease fittings #9  
Samandothers said:
I have had similar situation with getting gun on but not getting it off easy. Also I have two fittings that do not want to take grease. Grease actually come out around the treads vs going in. Not sure what the deal is with that.:confused:

Sometimes too much pressure on a fitting will make it not want to take grease. Try changing the position of the arm or whatever you are greasing to see if it will take it. I've also had some of the ball bearings stick and cause the grease not to move. I used an ice pick and pushed the ball in to release it. No problem after that. I also had a pivot joint on my FEL that was tough to grease but when I raised it up it decided to take some grease.
Don't let that fitting go without grease :eek:

/ l3240 grease fittings #10  
Appreciate the suggestions. Greaseless grease fittings is not good!