L3240 Refueling alarm?

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
Reading in the operators manual page 83, says that if you have the key switch in the on position when you start refueling a buzzer will sounds intermittenly, and has the tank gets close to full the buzzer starts sounding continously. I tried this today, and did not hear any buzzers. Has anyone here tried this refueling alarm? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

davitk

Platinum Member
Yes. However the buzzer will not begin to sound until the tank is above (I'm guessing, never paid particularly close attention) half full.

Ranger Rick

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940
I have tried the refueling with the key on a couple of times. As it is getting full it starts a slow beeping, as it gets fuller it starts beeping faster. Usually my five gallon can runs out about this time so I do not know if it goes to a steady beep when you are real close to full. It was a rapid beeping and about 1 bar short of full when I did it the last time. Rick

OP
botayota

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
Ok thanks guys for this info, I'll give this a try again the next time I refuel.
Possibly this past time I turned the key on after the tank was already full, could be the reason it never sounded.

slan

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240 HST
It basicly beeps faster until the last bar on the fuel level comes on which indicates full then it sounds continually.

Its great when filling up from a fuel tank and hand pump. Avoids overfilling.