L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14

/ L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14 #1  

heinsite

Tractor
2008 Kubota L3400 &1948 Case (was my wife's grandfathers out of Dallas NC)
I would like to change my front tires on my Kubota L3400 to R14 which would be the identical size as the R4 on it now and leave the rear tires as R4. I recently got a flat on one of the front tires and since I have 4-wheel drive would think the R14 would be a help when engaging the front differential. So the question is can I run Rear R4s with the front r14 in the same identical tire size I have on now; The ratio stays the same since the size is identical, correct?

/ L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14 #2  
The only thing that really matters is the circumference of the tire. You may wish to measure to confirm. Even with the same size if the sidewall height is different (aspect ratio) the circumference will change.

/ L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14
The only thing that really matters is the circumference of the tire. You may wish to measure to confirm. Even with the same size if the sidewall height is different (aspect ratio) the circumference will change.
Ok. thanks for the info...I am trying to find the specs on my old Goodyear R4..my search is not really producing the info I need to compare to the Goodyear r14 bias in the same size

My current tires are Goodyear 27x8.5x15 R4 and the R14 bias come in that same identical size. I have been unable to find the radius/circumference of old R4s..even at Goodyear/Titan website. I could measure the one good tire left but it has several years of use.

Attachments

• 2022-10-05.png
    2022-10-05.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
   / L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14 #5  
I found this on titan r14 tires

/ L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14 #6  
According to my brother in law, who used to have a small tire shop..

Be sure you are dealing with INFATED ON THE RIM measurements to compare diameters..

/ L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14 #7  
Looks like most of the 27x8.50-15 tires are around 26.7" in diameter.
The MOST critical measurement is the loaded radius, this is the measurement that actually determines the distance the tire travels per revolution.
The inflated circumference does not.
I would expect that Goodyear/Titan R14 will have very similar dimension regardless if it's an R-4, R-1 or R14.
Also you can easily adjust the loaded radius by varying your tire pressure.

27x8.50-15 Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire​

The Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire was specially designed for skid steer loaders. The Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire features deep overlapping bar cleats and low-profile design provide excellent traction and flotation. The Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire is a great tire for medium duty service use and has a tough sidewall for long wear. For the Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire call or order from our online tire store today.

Manufacturer: Firestone Tire
Manufacturers Part Number: 350-672
Recommended Rim Width: 7 Inches
Section Width: 8.4 Inches
Overall Diameter: 26.7 Inches
Static Loaded Radius: 12.1 Inches
Tire Weight: 27 lbs
Ply Rating: 6
Load Range: C
Max Load: 2480 lbs

27x8.50-15 Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire (6 Ply)​

The Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire was designed for increased traction, puncture and abrasion resistance and long service life. The Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire features a built in rim guard to protect the bead area from debris. The Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire is commonly used on skid steers, backhoes, subcompact tractors, aerial work platform lifts and rough terrain forklifts. For the Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire, call or order from our online tire store today.

Manufacturer: Carlisle Tire
Manufacturers Part Number: 51S339
Ply Rating: 6 Ply
Mounted Diameter: 26.7 inches
Mounted Width: 9.0 inches
Recommended Rim Width: 7.0 Inches
Rolling Circumference: 79.8 Inches
Max Load Capacity at 5 mph: 2400 lbs
Max Pressure: 50 psi
Tread Depth: 17 (32nds)
Tire Weight: 37 lbs

Looks like most of the 27x8.50-15 tires are around 26.7" in diameter.
The MOST critical measurement is the loaded radius, this is the measurement that actually determines the distance the tire travels per revolution.
The inflated circumference does not.
I would expect that Goodyear/Titan R14 will have very similar dimension regardless if it's an R-4, R-1 or R14.
Also you can easily adjust the loaded radius by varying your tire pressure.

27x8.50-15 Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire​

The Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire was specially designed for skid steer loaders. The Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire features deep overlapping bar cleats and low-profile design provide excellent traction and flotation. The Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire is a great tire for medium duty service use and has a tough sidewall for long wear. For the Firestone I-3 Super Traction Loader Tire call or order from our online tire store today.

Manufacturer: Firestone Tire
Manufacturers Part Number: 350-672
Recommended Rim Width: 7 Inches
Section Width: 8.4 Inches
Overall Diameter: 26.7 Inches
Static Loaded Radius: 12.1 Inches
Tire Weight: 27 lbs
Ply Rating: 6
Load Range: C
Max Load: 2480 lbs

27x8.50-15 Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire (6 Ply)​

The Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire was designed for increased traction, puncture and abrasion resistance and long service life. The Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire features a built in rim guard to protect the bead area from debris. The Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire is commonly used on skid steers, backhoes, subcompact tractors, aerial work platform lifts and rough terrain forklifts. For the Carlisle Trac Chief Skid Steer Tire, call or order from our online tire store today.

Manufacturer: Carlisle Tire
Manufacturers Part Number: 51S339
Ply Rating: 6 Ply
Mounted Diameter: 26.7 inches
Mounted Width: 9.0 inches
Recommended Rim Width: 7.0 Inches
Rolling Circumference: 79.8 Inches
Max Load Capacity at 5 mph: 2400 lbs
Max Pressure: 50 psi
Tread Depth: 17 (32nds)
Tire Weight: 37 lbs
Thanks for the reply. I agree and will look at these as well.

/ L3400 4-wheel drive I want to change front tires from R4 to R14 #10  
I recently got a flat on one of the front tires and since I have 4-wheel drive would think the R14 would be a help when engaging the front differential.
If the tread is still good, look at having the fronts foam filled. It will solve the flat problem as they end up almost like a solid tire. Not cheap, but might cost less than new tires.