L3400 sight glass

/ L3400 sight glass #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
My sight glass finally bit the dust and cracked.

Noticed a wet spot on the concrete about 4" diameter and it was pretty wet around the glass. Sure enough it was cracked.

So I guess time to order one. I was hoping I dodged the bullet on this common issue since the tractor is 9 years and 900hrs old.

Got a 3/4" pipe plug in there now til I can get one ordered.

Keep an eye on that area fellow owners.:thumbsup:

/ L3400 sight glass
Funny you posted that, cause I was thinking the same exact thing. Looking at this one Sight Glasses & Flow Sights | MSCDirect.com

Wondering if any others have done this? All the threads I was reading from 5-6 years ago indicated ~$10 for kubota plastic.

Seems they are up to $25 now so thats why I started looking. Heck, I can get a non-kubota plastic one for $5. So I really dont wat to pay $20 extra for the kubota wrapper that I am just going to toss.

Those that have bought the kubota replacement, an issues out of the grey plastic ones?

/ L3400 sight glass #5  
Mine gave out at around 350 hours a few years ago. The new one is gray and the dealer said it is the improved one. So far OK, We'll see.

/ L3400 sight glass #9  
I had the same issue with mine at about 350hrs. Got the Kubota gray plastic replacement and it is cheaply made. Don't over tighten it, you will strip it instantly.
I like the metal ones that the other members posted. When I change out the transmission fluid in another 50 hours, I'll change to that one.

/ L3400 sight glass #10  
Are you talking about this sight glass?

image-3125342318.jpg

How in the world did you break it?