L3560 First Service

/ L3560 First Service #1  

The Fred

Veteran Member
Tractor
Boost it and Lose!
Not mine, I agreed to do the first service on this L3560 with 135 hours. Obviously never touched, it doesn't look like the loader has even been greased.

Loose bolts everywhere actually some falling out. Makes me angry to see poor dealer prep on a machine like this. Alternator belt loose, alternator wiring touching exhaust manifold.

Hydraulic hose hanging down 8 inches from the ground, not acceptable.

I will say this, running in the shop to warm it up it doesn't stink at all. Hate to say it but my next machine will be common rail with electronic control.

Thank-you dealerships but I'll do my own servicing.

Rant over.

IMGP0316.JPGIMGP0313.JPGIMGP0312.JPGIMGP0311.JPG

/ L3560 First Service #2  
Loose bolts everywhere actually some falling out. Makes me angry to see poor dealer prep on a machine like this. Alternator belt loose, alternator wiring touching exhaust manifold.

I have owned two new Kubotas. Loader and wheel bolts always loosen until 100 engine hours. Operator's manual clearly states in maintenance section to tighten bolts at every service.

At 135 engine hours with no 50-hour nor 100-hour dealer service, blame the owner/operator, not the dealer.

Note: I have an L3560, delivered January 2013. Bolts/nuts all tight.

/ L3560 First Service #3  
Not mine, I agreed to do the first service on this L3560 with 135 hours. Obviously never touched, it doesn't look like the loader has even been greased.

Hydraulic hose hanging down 8 inches from the ground, not acceptable.

I will say this, running in the shop to warm it up it doesn't stink at all. Hate to say it but my next machine will be common rail with electronic control.

Thank-you dealerships but I'll do my own servicing.

Rant over.

View attachment 650178View attachment 650179View attachment 650180View attachment 650181

BTDT. After buying a new tractor, I check everything on the PDI list, invariably finding things that obviously have not been inspected.

Manufacturers pay dealers to perform PDI.

Some dealers do so and some don't but all of them take the manufacturer's PDI money.

To be fair, the Kubota dealer where I do most of my business is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than the MF dealer with which I no longer do ANY business.

SDT

/ L3560 First Service
I have owned two new Kubotas. Loader and wheel bolts always loosen until 100 engine hours. Operator's manual clearly states in maintenance section to tighten bolts at every service.

At 135 engine hours with no 50-hour nor 100-hour dealer service, blame the owner/operator, not the dealer.

Note: I have an L3560, delivered January 2013. Bolts/nuts all tight.

The bolts are too long, I'm not sure why but they bottom in the holes. You can see where the tooth of the lock washer never contacted the base.

Also alternator belt falling off, it looks like this had some alternator update as witnessed by an extra instruction book in the manual.

DEALER setup issues no sense arguing the point, sorry I sound blunt but I see this constantly with service.

By the way dealership guys, now is a great time to latch on to some top quality help with everyone laying off and all.

/ L3560 First Service #5  
The bolts being too long is incompetent to the extreme on the part of the dealer.

/ L3560 First Service
More bolts never tightened. Block heater install is easy once you remove the exhaust pipe for excellent access. Used a 8 inch lone 3/4" threaded pipe to seat the block heater collar where the frost plug was. Installed the correct length bolts for the loader frame so they bottom on the frame itself.

IMGP0332.JPGIMGP0331.JPGIMGP0330.JPGIMGP0326.JPGIMGP0335.JPGIMGP0334.JPGIMGP0333.JPG

Now for some testing around the yard for comparison to my L3940.

Runs a 6 foot tiller like no problem whatsoever. Much nicer to operate, nice being able to exit the right side of the cab. I would own this thing, whoops did I just say that?

Post edit: Failed the road test miserably. Drove 1/2 mile up the road to see how good it is. Any incline kills this thing. Great around the yard though.

Maybe they'll mate tonight and make the perfect tractor!IMGP0336.JPG

Last edited:
   / L3560 First Service #7  
Had the same issue on my loader bolts. The lock washer hasn’t been locked down on all 3. Thought the same thing immediately as there are two lengths of bolts supplied for loader install. I want the block heater myself. Do you have any tips or the part number for it? Gonna have the dealer look this thing over since they had it for 3 months there is no excuse why it wasn’t checked over thoroughly while they installed the whole good kits!