L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start

/ L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start #11  
Dave, I have thw SM, but it's not very well organized IMO. For example for Troubleshooting, there is no entry for crank but no start that I've seen.

There are no errors on the dash. My l4330 was made in 2005 IRC, hence, hopefully no computer.

Thanks,

The WSM you provided me has an extensive section on the "intellipanel," a dash with a built in computer and display.
The Intellipanel has a section near its top which displays a wealth of information about problems.
Using this screen shot from the WSM, can you identify which of 4 possible models of the L4330 you have.

Cab or no cab + type of transmission

0UXfDDY.jpg

R2RaIuR.jpg

M1tFW9b.jpg

Once you have advised exactly which model of L4330 you have and clarified if your dash indeed does have the "Intellipanel," then we can start to narrow down the origin of your problem.

Dave M7040

/ L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start
Dave, I have the L4330 GST with ROPS (2nd from left in your table above). My tractor panel looks exactly like your last pic.

Yesterday, I checked the seat safety switch to make sure it was being blocked or anything (I have an inflatable rubber football and two tennis balls under my seat). Nothing appeared to be out of miss. I'm not sure I should be relieved or worried. :(

Started it up fine, went into gear fine, so I ended up using it all day. Not one bit of a problem: 2 hours processing firewood, 2-3 hours running my one mile gravel road and an hour or so widening my pole barn field dirt ramp.

You think it might be transmission related?

Thanks,

/ L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start #13  
Dave, I have the L4330 GST with ROPS (2nd from left in your table above). My tractor panel looks exactly like your last pic.

Yesterday, I checked the seat safety switch to make sure it was being blocked or anything (I have an inflatable rubber football and two tennis balls under my seat). Nothing appeared to be out of miss. I'm not sure I should be relieved or worried. :(

Started it up fine, went into gear fine, so I ended up using it all day. Not one bit of a problem: 2 hours processing firewood, 2-3 hours running my one mile gravel road and an hour or so widening my pole barn field dirt ramp.

You think it might be transmission related?

Thanks,

I think you are not completely understanding the operation of the seat switch.

It has two positions and is connected to a timer which cuts power to the engine stop solenoid after around 1 second.

Reading that you have stuff under your seat, my suggestion is to remove the stuff.

You don't want to have transmission issues as fixing them will be beyond the skills of anyone who has not taken a course from Kubota.

fPMTOjC.jpg

GfW1OX1.jpg

If you need to alter the position of your seat you are going to have to be a little more imaginative :)

It is usually the simple things that cause the most grief.

Dave M7040

/ L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start
OK, so I had another "cranks fine, but won't start and/or fire" incident yesterday. Since it was a couple hundred yards from my shop, I decided to start with the simplest things first. I.e. I took the fuel filter out and checked it for blockage or water. The tractor is right at 1196 hours, so 4 hours from it's 100 hour service interval.

Removed the fuel filter, cleaned it out (wasn't much to see) and reinstalled it. Started right up and continued to start right up the rest of the afternoon (3-4 hours while I processed firewood).

/ L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start #15  
OK, so I had another "cranks fine, but won't start and/or fire" incident yesterday. Since it was a couple hundred yards from my shop, I decided to start with the simplest things first. I.e. I took the fuel filter out and checked it for blockage or water. The tractor is right at 1196 hours, so 4 hours from it's 100 hour service interval.

Removed the fuel filter, cleaned it out (wasn't much to see) and reinstalled it. Started right up and continued to start right up the rest of the afternoon (3-4 hours while I processed firewood).
Hi everyone
I fixed the problem and wanted to share!
I just joined this group. I have been reading about this intermittent engine problem. My kubota l4330 (1200hrs) was intermittently shuttting down, then no crank like a safety switch problem. I Replaced the seat switch and transmission neutral switch . $100 and No help so I got serious about correct diagnosis practices. I wired a pair of led lights parallel with the fuel solenoid. The lights told me when the fuel solenoid was actually powered up. That proved the problem to not be fuel or air. I pulled the cover and instrument panel to gain access to the relays and timers. Unplugged the OPC timer and on the harness side and I jumped each wire one at a time until the fuel relay closed . I use a fuse protected jumper the same amp rating as the circuit I'm testing. I fried one 5 amp fuse while locating the ground wire, fuses are cheap insurance. That got my tractor running without the safety system involved. I put in a new opc timer $100 and the tractor works great and the safety system is restored to original operations.

I can use the old seat switch on my flatbed truck for a red BOX UP warning light that I apparently need. The transmission switch had the rubber boot damaged and was not moving smoothly.
Regards
Dirtyairhead
"A clean dirt bike is a dirty shame "

/ L4330 Intermittent Crank but No Start #16  
The more technology we have, the more problems we have, and takes alot longer to diag and repair.

The EPA is the problem.