Land Plane/Leveler

/ Land Plane/Leveler #31  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Yeah I have noticed I have a slightly wide stance for 6 ft implements. So what about if you have a big piles to spread from a dump truck? I use my box to push them down, can it do stuff like that?
I have a 8 foot Armstrong Ag land plane. I knock down piles of dirt, my excavator, piles with my loader bucket. Then turn around and drag it away with the land plane......while leveling the pad for my sawmill shed.

My Mahindra 6520 has no problem pulling a fully maxed out dirt load.
hugs, Brandi

/ Land Plane/Leveler #32  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
MtnViewRanch,
How is old blue?

/ Land Plane/Leveler #33  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
MtnViewRanch,
How is old blue?
Ordered Dec 2004. Delivered March 2005.

Think about what we paid for our tractors and what it would cost to replace them today. :eek: Are todays model equivalents any better, even as good? :unsure:

/ Land Plane/Leveler #34  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Ordered Dec 2004. Delivered March 2005.

Think about what we paid for our tractors and what it would cost to replace them today. :eek: Are todays model equivalents any better, even as good? :unsure:
I checked out a 105P. I liked what I saw, but not enough to have a payment or buy with cash.
Since I got my Mahindra, I have purchased a new 2018 Woodmizer LT40HD diesel, a 1988 CAT E70 excavator, and a 2000 Lull 644D-34. Only reason to have another tractor would be to have a dedicated tractor for the 3PH arms left on for the landplane. An old 2WD International would fit that use rather cheap. Hardly ever mow with brush hog now that I have a 26 gallon weed killer I can mount on the zero turn mower.
The Mahindra's backhoe makes the perfect ballast for maxing out the Mahindra's loader with logs.
But the landplane with a 15 inch square Red Oak cant 9 feet long works too. But I hit too many things the backhoe misses.
Landplane Weight Back View.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ Land Plane/Leveler #35  

Sid Post

Silver Member
Tractor
L4600, B2601
What are better prices for a 5' Land Plane? Where should I be looking? I live in East Texas if that matters in terms of the total cost. EA looks to be ~$2600 without scarifiers and seems to be pretty heavy for a good cut.

/ Land Plane/Leveler #36  

jgoodma1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060
I have over a mile of road to maintain. My land plain grading scraper (LPGS) cut general maintenance time by more than half.
Worth every cent, get as heavy and as long as you can find.

A 7 footer would be a good match for your 5035 IMO.
I looked at their website and saw that they don't use scarifiers but instead, the blades are toothed. I haven't seen that before. Does anybody out there have any feedback on that design?

/ Land Plane/Leveler #37  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Wow, prices sure are skyrocketing. I bought my 8ft Armstong Ag landplane from J5 Tractors in Conroe, two years ago for $1700. Armstrong Ag is in Brenham, Texas.
They are a Mom and Pop outfit.
hugs, Brandi

/ Land Plane/Leveler #38  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
Good for you. Just be careful with that new implement. It will do fantastic work - smoothing out rough and cobby dirt. It will NOT create a crown on your driveway and can actually flatten any crown you now have. Up one side and back the other side. Keep that crown if you have one.
I have a 7 foot land plane by Road Boss. It will create a crown ( if adjusted & used correctly.) Simply adjust your 3 point draft link to raise one side before the other. Then as your smoothing the road lift the 3 point a bit. This will allow more gravel to pass on the lifted side. My Road boss has angled blade so this actually pulls material from the edges (right to left) to the center. My driveway maintenance is a single trip to the mailbox. Once out and once in...Hugging the right side, smooth and crowned.

/ Land Plane/Leveler #39  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
I looked at their website and saw that they don't use scarifiers but instead, the blades are toothed. I haven't seen that before. Does anybody out there have any feedback on that design?
I have a Road Boss. The serrated front blade works.

/ Land Plane/Leveler #40  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
I've been toying with making a land plane but I want to design one that slides onto the FEL forks so I can use it and my father can use it with his Skid steer.
I would caution against using a LP on your FEL. It's a loader not a dozer. Skid Steer loader arms rest on the front of the frame. Hit something solid with your tractor FEL and you'll bend the arms.