Grapple Landpride SGC0660 Grapple

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #31  
Interesting video. It shows a lot of flaws in that design that I'm surprised you shared on here. Commenting that the other grapple doesn't allow visibility, they seeing how you cant see what you are picking up in the video, so you miss several times, drop what you get or lift the front tires off the ground trying to pick something up shows exactly that same problem with the Landpride design. This is obviously a very light duty grapple. Those tines wouldn't last very long on a bigger tractor. Having just one closing arm really limits how well it holds debris. Material is falling off and spinning around with just about every load in the video, but if you have two closing arms, the clamp down different to hold everything in place and you can get a much larger load. The way he is using it, there is no reason for having such a big and long lower set of teeth. That's all just extra weight that is creating space for material to spin around once the closing arm goes down all the way.

2274.jpg

006.jpg

This design solves all of the problems he is having in the video

Eddie

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #32  
Interesting video. It shows a lot of flaws in that design that I'm surprised you shared on here. Commenting that the other grapple doesn't allow visibility, they seeing how you cant see what you are picking up in the video, so you miss several times, drop what you get or lift the front tires off the ground trying to pick something up shows exactly that same problem with the Landpride design. This is obviously a very light duty grapple. Those tines wouldn't last very long on a bigger tractor. Having just one closing arm really limits how well it holds debris. Material is falling off and spinning around with just about every load in the video, but if you have two closing arms, the clamp down different to hold everything in place and you can get a much larger load. The way he is using it, there is no reason for having such a big and long lower set of teeth. That's all just extra weight that is creating space for material to spin around once the closing arm goes down all the way.

View attachment 440681

View attachment 440682

This design solves all of the problems he is having in the video

Eddie

Lifting the tires off the ground was Ted being Ted. Rough!

We make a rake style without that extra long, awkward top lid like the LP, and as shown in the first video I shared, but we sell our Wicked Style grapples at least 50 to 1 over the other style. If it's flawed, so is many people's thinking when choosing a grapple.

For larger tractors, we make larger heavier models, but for a B Series Kubota, our 50" Single Lid is the sweet spot.
Travis

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #33  
WP_20150331_002.JPGWP_20150425_021.JPG
To the OP, I have the LP SGC 0548. Not as big as the one you're looking at, but it is on a BX. I'm no grapple expert and have not used or seen the EA version in person, but I can say this grapple has performed very well for me on my tractor. I can grab a lot of brush into one bite or grab some logs that are heavier than I thought it would grab and carry. Don't have many action shots, but this has been a back saver for sure. One thing I like about the curved tines is that when I dump a load of branches and brushy privet, it comes out easily where I want it.

I have not tried to bust a bunch of roots or anything yet on purpose, so don't know how well that will go. I have got some on accident and actually pulled up a whole tree by getting under it's roots. It was about a 4" tree and I was a little surprised because I was just trying to get some stuff next to it. The soil was somewhat soft in that spot too, but it grabbed up all the near surface roots and pulled the tree with it.

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #36  
I am looking at a QA grapple for my Kubota B2710. The grapple I am considering is made by Landpride, model SCG0660 and weights about 250 lbs. The grapple is rated up to a 40 hp tractor. Has anyone had any direct experience with this grapple? One concern I have is the width, 60 inches but not a deal breaker. Seem wider than necessary but I have no experience with grapples. The grapple will mainly be use for brush, tree debris, some rocks and will be breaking some tree roots if possible. Plus what is a good definition for a claw grapple vs a root grapple?

SGC06 Series Claw Grapples | Land Pride

I chose the EA Root Rake Grapple for my Kubota B26 TLB and am very pleased with it. Not sure how a B26 compares to yours.

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #37  
Yeah, I was breaking up a fallen tree at a rot point and the two black snakes were in it. Didn't know it until I literally pinched one of them into the grapple. I noticed movement and it was trying to bite the grapple. It was still early spring and cold, so they weren't moving too much. Ran the other one over while moving the parts of that tree around. The grapple does more than I thought it could with this little tractor. Very amazed at this thing. I usually keep the grapple on and only put the bucket on for specific tasks involving dirt work now. I've learned that stuff too big to lift can easily be pulled by the tractor to where I want it also. Very handy to have. I have rooted out a good bit of smaller trees and lots of privet. I can only imagine what a bigger grapple on a bigger tractor can do.

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #38  
I just bought a set of the LP SGC0660 for my L2501. I still need to get the 3rd function valve installed. Stay tuned!

IMG_5461.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #39  
Picked my LP SGC660 up yesterday, first grapple for me, I’m impressed so far. Here are a few pictures of it on my L3901. Third picture shows my modified grill protection and how it is already paying off.

Mike

753CDB23-3498-4038-9896-B0E353A6BBCE.jpeg915F6B92-C622-4F95-9E62-B01738588672.jpeg2719F936-BAB3-4F6D-B20D-E4BF724D54E6.jpeg

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #40  
My latest SGC 0660 project