Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these?

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #1  

Sean2202

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L305DT
Greetings,

Lane Shark SSQA brush cutter attachments. Who has one or has used one? Any feedback on it would be helpful. Looking at one for my 60HP cabbed tractor at work.

LANE SHARK PRODUCTS – Lane Shark USA

Thank you
Sean

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #2  
   / Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #3  
Being with them for two years now the success of them has been good, twice the number sold as last year and on customer prefered. Only happy people so far.

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #4  
Is it manually adjusted? How do you plan to drive the hydraulic motor?

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #6  
There are a number of existing threads on the Lane Shark. Look at the "Similar Threads" section below.

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #7  
I have the smaller one on the front of my JD. It doesn't do a great job on high grass but does an insane job on brush. I keep it mounted off to the side and use along the road with a brush hog on the back. I then do overhead. I have contacted costumer service a couple of times and its first notch. All my neighbors who have seen it want to get one. The one thing I will tell you is whether you install or having someone install, use bungies on the hydraulic lines. I ran over one of the lines. I also add protectors to the lines. When you are using it is so many directions, its hard to get the lines perfect and the bungies really make that easier. It also cuts much large trees than my Frontier brush hog

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these?
Good info thank you all.

@art Are you a dealer for Lane Shark in Central New York? I am in CT but travel to CNY quite often and possibly I could come take a look at one sometime if you have them.

@TerryR I did do a search on "Lane Shark" but I must be doing something wrong within the search here as every time I search for something on this site I get many of results that have nothing to do with the topic. I will check out the other similar threads at the bottom of the page as well. Thank you.

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #9  
I've borrowed one the last two years to work on our roads and shooting lanes. they work great when in the vertical position to trim the limbs. from what I have seen it works best on pine and gum limbs, it cuts them smooth. on oak limbs if you are not right next to the tree they will try and twist up some and have to be hit a second time. I bought a bushhog SM60 before the lane shark came out and it worked alright but doesn't have the height capablities of the lane shark. I plan to try and trade/sell the SM60 for a lane shark.

One thing to note, the lane shark has to have the return line plumbed directly into the sump of the tractor. so you will have three hydraulic lines run to the front if you also use a grapple.

/ Lane Shark...Anyone use one of these? #10  
Good info thank you all.

------------------------------------
I did do a search on "Lane Shark" but I must be doing something wrong within the search here as every time I search for something on this site I get many of results that have nothing to do with the topic. I will check out the other similar threads at the bottom of the page as well. Thank you.
Sounds like you are not using the Forum Search Feature:

search.JPG