Buying Advice Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
This popped up on my local craigslist:

Description:

“For sale is a working wheel horse tractor from the late 1950's. Bought it at an estate sale last year and it was know to be the previous owners prized possession. Stored in a garage for 50 years with gas drained and tires kept off the ground. Its in great shape for its age with no rust. The original tires still hold air and are pliable. It recently received a tune up consisting of a oil change, new filters, new fuel lines, new carburetor (original carb will still be included), and greased all bearings.The original Kohler k90 4 HP engine still purrs. It has a 3 speed manual transmission. You can use it for riding, plowing snow, cutting grass or just to admire at. Also included is a service manual for the engine!”

Kinda cute, what do you think something like this is worth? They’re asking $550.

IMG_0062.JPGIMG_0063.JPGIMG_0064.JPGIMG_0065.JPG

Last edited:
   / Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #3  
Does anyone know how the actual power output of that 4 horse engine compares to a 4 horse of today? It's difficult to believe that engine wasn't more powerful than Kohler claimed.

The tractor is cuter than a speckled puppy, BTW.

The original Kohler k90 4 HP engine still purrs. It has a 3 speed manual transmission.

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #4  
That is certainly worth $550. If it one of those things that you will be sorry about later , go for it.

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #5  
They are asking $550 so they really want $500. It is a thing of beauty. Looks like it should be in a parade.

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #6  
Never seen a Kohler k90 4 HP engine but it does look interesting. Looks as though the starter/gen is part of the motor?

Be nice if it had all the pieces with like the one on the brochure.

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #7  
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. It was probably great in it's day but how reliable can it be after 60 years.

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #8  
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. It was probably great in it's day but how reliable can it be after 60 years.
There's a lot of Wheel Horse guys out there that would find this pretty cool. I wouldn't buy it with reliability in mind.

Personally I think he's asking about 300 to much.

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #9  
It would look great as a "wall hanger" behind the bar in somebodies overpriced man cave bar!

/ Late 1950’s Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor #10  
I have a 1972 Wheel Horse I recently purchased (last year) and went on the "Red Square" site and it is all Wheel Horse. I love the fun little 'horsey'! Check out the site and you'll be hooked. Like 1965 said, offer $500. Great to show off at parades, farmer's markets, and other get togethers.P2040003.JPGP2040004.JPGP2040001.JPG