Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #21  
The way to deal with that is to not buy their crap.

A year ago I was reading something about how people were sick and tired of all the software companies switching to subscriptions instead of standalone software.
I remember feeling very good about not using any microsoft or apple garbage.
In Linux there is more and better software and all of it is free.
I tell people this all the time. I show them my OS and let them play with it, I show them the various software packages etc.. So far I have achieved a conversion rate of ZERO.

People are funny. They get used to taking the beating and actually experience discomfort at the prospect of no more beatings, no more abuse, opening their cage fills them with dread.

I've always given thought to switching to Linux, since I was a teenager actually, but it comes off as rather intimidating.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #22  
My next truck will be older than my current truck, I do believe that.
Emission Testing pulls old cars off the road... it was not always that way.

25 years and older exempt and then 30 years and older exempt and the it was frozen 1976 and newer must continue testing...

Even with the best of intentions the rules change... I have two 1976 vehicles stuck in limbo...

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #23  

25 years and older exempt and then 30 years and older exempt and the it was frozen 1976 and newer must continue testing...

Even with the best of intentions the rules change... I have two 1976 vehicles stuck in limbo...
What do you have stuck in limbo? Maybe I'll take it off your hands and register it in a state without smog laws.

My one experience with OnStar was having my truck stolen and them telling me "as long as it is running we will be able to find it". A year later they called and asked if I wanted to renew my subscription. I'll stick with vehicles that do not need to be connected to mobile/internet.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #24  
76 Triumph Spitfire with headers because original and salvage yard exhaust manifolds all crack...

76 BMW 2002 that is a good driver with motor work done... it has a Thermactor California only smog system that won't pass smog...

If it was a smog exempt 1975 I would be golden and lots of interest in this model but being a 76 kills value in the California market.

Just got a confirmed air bag recall appointment after YEARS.

BMW said not to drive the 325it with defective passenger and driver airbags...

Toyota had similar recall and when I said my then 85 year old mom doesn't drive to San Francisco Toyota said we will pick up and return same day and they did...

When it all hits the fan I guess I can soldier on with the 1911 Model T and 1930 Model A pickup and my 1953 Ford NAA Jubilee Tractor...

A nurse I work with was at Christmas Mass and her 3490 mile Subaru stolen... It took lots of effort to get law Enforcement on the same page for Subaru to remote disable but they did and cat recovered.

The problem is the car was in and out of several jurisdictions and always in the go and they will not disable a moving car...

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #25  
If this is true, I'll be writing GM to tell them I'll never consider buying one of their vehicles in the future. As consumers, we need to start pushing back on these tactics.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #26  

I'll run the gauntlet of illegality before I acquiesce to such nonsense.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #27  
I have seen the information of these fees for bmw not gm

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #28  
I guess I have driven 40+ years and never had remote start. If they block a feature I don't need or want, who cares? I'm not a big fan of the overall concept, but how often do you need remote start?
I am becoming increasingly wary of remote anything. Everything coming out has a phone app that lets "you" manage it from anywhere. The idea that someone could start (or disable?) my car remotely is a non-starter.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #29  
I have seen the information of these fees for bmw not gm
The only thing that I saw was on certain Buick/GMC trim levels, a three year Onstar subscription was included in the MSRP.