Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures
What has turned off is the On Star, after a year, the heated seats, steering wheel, remote start, etc., stay operational.
Suggest if you cancel On Star you might leave you driver window cracked for a while and put your keys in you pocket when you get out. I cancelled, parked in a 10 acre field at the farm, got out and was walking away when the doors locked by remote, keys inside. I forgot. Thank you On Star for the ha
That is how is Used to be,changeing for the worse.You will lose it all in the 2023 models;if you don't pay.
I have owned 30+ GM vehicles and maybe my last.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #233  
Just wondering, is it stated somewhere in writing (if it is, it's probably buried) that it's a subscription based accessory or just something the salesman warns you about?............Mike

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #234  
Before we had a GPS unit, I’d print directions from Map Quest. We wanted to go to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Following the directions, the 4 lane highway turned into a 2 lane highway, then turned into 2 lane county road, then turned into a gravel road, then turned (literally) into a driveway that went past a house with honey for sale on the porch, through their barn and ended in a river! On the other side of the river we could see the Mammoth Cave park. :ROFLMAO:
Like I said, there’s all sorts of stories. Comparing your GPS trail against a good hard copy map before you leave is good insurance.
We were headed down to meet a new client in an area which is out of our normal bombing range, but where I had worked in a previous life. I was just a grunt in the back seat, along for the ride but the GPS had us going down roads which I knew weren’t right; but kept hearing; “it’s right here on the phone!”

I dug out a map and showed them what we were headed toward… down an old railroad bed which was so bad I had walked down it with my grandfather to see a waterfall way back in 1967! Granted it was only a short step via map, only about 10 miles or so. Yet we had about 40 miles of driving to get there.

What surprised me though is that I can load Google Maps to get a photo; and even when the phone is in airplane mode, it still shows me where I am on the map.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #235  
It is my understanding that the first OnStar system satellite, blewup on take off and set the program back three or four years. Though, this is just a rumor.

The first person killed by GPS Maps was in my state. And I know the area well. GPS told him to use the Forestry Road, Known as Bear Camp, from Grand's Pass to Gold Beach, A road i've done several times. That time of year, you can't do that. Its only passable in late and mid-summer. He got stuck, and attempted to walk out by following the Rogue River by some GPS map guided trail.. There is was no foot path then on the Rogue River, he should have just stayed on the road. GPS map said there was one, but it was the rafting route. He walked in to a canyon that you can't walk though, or out of.

Last edited:
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #236  
I’m surprised they haven’t gotten into a lawsuit with musk.
For what it is worth the Subaru product was out 2 years before the Musk ISP. They are not competing, so unlikely either would get much out of a suit. You never know though.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #237  
That is how is Used to be,changeing for the worse.You will lose it all in the 2023 models;if you don't pay.
I have owned 30+ GM vehicles and maybe my last.
In Post#7 you were asked specifically where you read this? Did I miss your response ? I to would like to know as I would like to see where this is posted or written before I get to ticked off with GM and eliminate them from all future truck purchase's, not being a smart alleck , I would just like to read it for myself. Thanks.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #239  
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures
Do some more research before purchasing.I talked to the Subaru dealership,it will be on all their models,I would assume GM will do the same.
Note;I retired from GM(UAW) and follow all the auto news.I have a 2017 and 2018 GM both with (non-active) OnStar and the remote and heated seats work(that we paid for).I don't like where this is going in the auto industry.
Oddly they are making all kinds money(dealers too),record profit sharing the last two years.
I don't "need" to trade but normally do every two years or so.Tried to buy a truck and finally gave up.