Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #441  
What year is his Elantra?

I ask, because a coworker of mine bought an Elantra last year and just a few weeks ago notice there was no lock. I showed him that video I posted, of a 2001 Elantra with the hidden lock. I wonder if they all come like that now, or if it’s just on some trim packages?

2017. Pretty basic trim.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #442  
2017. Pretty basic trim.

IMG_7201.JPG

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #443  
I'm a multiple wrangler owner that bought a new 4runner a few years ago. I won't go into a long rant, but just let's say I've absolutely hated that TuRD since the moment I drove it off the dealer lot. I'd strongly recommend you rent one and take it on a long trip before you buy one. I know a lot of people rave about Toyotas but I really wish I had gotten another jeep.
I have a good buddy with a 4Runner; we go out together so I am familiar with them. Only complaint I have is the seating position is not as comfortable for me as the Wrangler. Toyota will be doing a major revision of the 4Runner in the next year or so so I'm hoping they fix that, plus give us better engine choices. What are your major complaints with the 4Runner? (Keep in mind that because of my advanced age I will no longer be doing super difficult trails/rock crawling. I want something that will be comfortable for long trips on dirt roads.)

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #444  
Yes it has one but like that wheel they keep trying to reinvent it surely does not roll smooth with those square edges.

So now what happens when you get hit on the side with that fuel door on and there is no cap underneath to keep fumes, fuel from leaking.

Janet
There is a cap. It’s internal, sealed with an o ring.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #445  
If I ever become so lazy and spoiled that I can't go outside, unlock my door with a key, start my car and let the heater run while I clean the snow off the windshield.
Please someone give me the slap upside my head that my mother would have for being a spoiled brat or call the ambulance because I probably fell over dead!
I simply don't see the need to start my car from anyplace in the world. I would much rather be in it so I can hear it crank and maybe even prevent running a week battery down even lower.

Janet
My mother in-law is weak and feeble. She‘s not lazy. Worked in factories all her adult life, but now has physical limitations that she cannot overcome. So, she can start the car from inside and the heater will melt most of the snow off before she goes outside, and, at the least, loosen the ice from the windshield making for easier scraping. It helps keep her independent, which she loves.

Me, on the other hand, I just like the convenience. Start it up 10 minutes before I walk out the door and the windows are clear, the seats are warm, and I don’t have to scrape any windows. I don’t consider that lazy. I’d scrape them if I had to and not complain. I just use the technology that’s available to make things a bit more enjoyable for my wife and me.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #446  
First you need to understand, I am no spring Chicken!
My first car didn't have electric windows, air conditioning, delayed wipers, radio, rear window defroster, or any of that. It also didn't have power brakes, power steering, or even a side view mirror on the passenger side. Heck I can't even remember it having seat belts because we never used them and still don't.
So please don't say We and attempt to include me in your lazy and unnecessary needs as I still to this day find no need for this old lady to have all those costly expensive features that a lazy society seems to have been suckered into paying for.

As for me I am not so lazy that I can't put a key in a door and turn it to unlock it. I am not so spoiled and fragile even at my age that I can't sit on a cold seat for a couple minuets to start my car.

So please don't say we and include me in your laziness. After all you speak for you not me or in this case we.

Not a lazy old lady
Janet

By the way, if you can't remember where you parked your car you might have issues even driving it and should consider giving up driving.

The reference to "WE" is me. I am in my middle eighties and don't consider my self lazy but I do like creature comforts. The not driving day is also coming for all of us.

I hope you do as I do when making a purchase of vehicles or appliances, purchase what I want not what someone else has. My late wife and I had a clothes line for years. Then dryers came out and we got one of those and have never looked back and long for the clothes line, especially on a cold winter day.

I also plead guilty to of subscribing to the Albert Einstein disease.

"Albert Einstein > Quotes > Quotable Quote (?) “Never memorize something that you can look up.” ― Albert Einstein".

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #448  
My first car didn't have electric windows, air conditioning, delayed wipers, radio, rear window defroster, or any of that. It also didn't have power brakes, power steering, or even a side view mirror on the passenger side. Heck I can't even remember it having seat belts because we never used them and still don't.
You are describing most of ours’ first cars. :ROFLMAO:

As for not wearing seat belts, well, good luck with that.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #449  
You are describing most of ours’ first cars. :ROFLMAO:

As for not wearing seat belts, well, good luck with that.
I really loved (HATED) some things about my first car. Mechanical brakes that would not work that well when wet, Vacuum windshield wipers that didn't work if going up a hill, no heater had to carry a towel to wipe windshield and side glass off in the winter so I could see out. Alway park on an incline so I could roll start it if the 6 volt system gave up the ghost during a cold night in the winters. The steering was a two handed deal no one hand driving. Etc. All things I don't miss today and glad I do not have to contend with them today.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #450  
I really loved (HATED) some things about my first car. Mechanical brakes that would not work that well when wet, Vacuum windshield wipers that didn't work if going up a hill, no heater had to carry a towel to wipe windshield and side glass off in the winter so I could see out. Alway park on an incline so I could roll start it if the 6 volt system gave up the ghost during a cold night in the winters. The steering was a two handed deal no one hand driving. Etc. All things I don't miss today and glad I do not have to contend with them today.
Geeze. I had a 70 Nova with a 230L6 and three on the tree. Dad splurged for the AM radio.

:ROFLMAO:

No power anything. And yes, my mom taught me to park on a hill in case the starter went out.

While it was a blast to drive as a youth, the only way I’d go back to those simple systems would be if I just had it as a hobby car for fun. No way would I daily drive it.

I’m not lazy. Remote start. Power windows and locks. Air conditioning. Electric defrosters. Power mirrors. Backup cameras. Auto darkening night mirrors. Automatic transmissions. Heated seats. Leather. Power seats with lumbar support. Nice sound system. Hands free calling. Ahhhh…. That feels nice. It’s like a living room on wheels!

And I’m not an idiot. Seat belts, crumple zones, air bags, etc. are all far superior than a full frame brick, just in case someone in a 70 Nova crosses the line and hits me.

Old cars were not safe. Yeah, most of us survived. But why would anyone go back to that knowing what they do today?

Masochists!

😛