Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #541  
Just read GM,Subaru and others now are going to have a mandatory subscription for;heated seats,remote start ect.Can you imagine!Unreal.In GM's case you are forced to purchase OnStar,no choice rolled into the price.
I was considering a trade,this may be enough for me(and a lot of others) not too.High end luxury
vehicles have had this for a while.
I'm having a remote start installed in my daughter's car car tomorrow for $300. To heck with being hostage to a car company.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #542  
My bet is that a decade from now, 80% or more of new car sales in the USA will be EV, and ICE vehicles will be MORE expensive.
My bet is a decade from now, I'll be nearly 72, won't care, and be on vacation somewhere with my wife, preferably someplace with a beach and mai tai's. ;)

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #543  
True, but this could just be the beginning of many features becoming a monthly fee. I also heard in Europe that Mercedes could turn on/off their 4-wheel steering assist on some vehicles if you did not pay the monthly fee for it. How about turning your radio off or turning off the inside convivence lighting....it honestly could apply to any feature of your car that is not safety related. I guess its the price we pay for the advancement of technology.
No. It's the price we pay for the advancement of greed. We pay extra for these options when we buy the car then we are supposed to pay continually for their use? Ain't happening.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #544  
The more electronics the more problems
I prefer less gadgets don't need all that
fancy stuff that costs an arm & leg every
month. sirius radio to me is crap! It came
with a free trial and I though that I would
be getting only music but you have to listen
to the guys speech about this was what it
was like in the 50's this is what it was like
in the 60's etc who cares? I am in my
80's so I don't need to listen to that crap!
The packages for a new car might be nice
but then you look at the price tag:cry:

willy

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #545  
No. It's the price we pay for the advancement of greed. We pay extra for these options when we buy the car then we are supposed to pay continually for their use? Ain't happening.
Only those who want remote start, lock , unlock or roll windows down etc from Europe or several states away has to pay a monthly fee for such services. One of the two provided key fobs at time of purchase will accomplish the same thing within a certain number of feet.

No one has to pay a monthly fee for any optional service they do not want.

XM/Sirius radio cost monthly. A GPS cell phone has a monthly cost. So does the cell phone you carry in your pocket. Most people use the built in Bluetooth feature and pair their phone with the car or truck and receive and make hands free calls with the cell phone in their pocket.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #546  
My bet is that a decade from now, 80% or more of new car sales in the USA will be EV, and ICE vehicles will be MORE expensive.
with this war on oil, there wont be any ice ones left. Why are they trying to kill our whole economy?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #547  
with this war on oil, there wont be any ice ones left. Why are they trying to kill our whole economy?
Because they can. They know best how you should live.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #548  
Looking for a newer vehicle now, and the cut off is still 1993. Anything after that, just went weird and too complicated to me. And I am finding that pre-1994 vehicles, in good condition, are now offered at a premium. To me, this is the last good year, that vehicles didn't have to have airbags and ABS. The insurance companies don't seem to care if the vehicle doesn't have these features, and I pay less than $600 a year in coverage. It seems upside down that on an only liability coverage, with Medical, that these older designs are less expensive to insure than the newer cars.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #549  
What are they killing? New car sales?

I don't see it.

4C05E925-16AC-49BC-B178-52C16B40F4E4.jpeg

The amount of GDP related to the auto industry?
That's been on the decline for 50 years.

4B8F52A8-B436-4D21-A224-213688FCEE80.jpeg

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #550  
What are they killing? New car sales?

I don't see it.

View attachment 768733

The amount of GDP related to the auto industry?
That's been on the decline for 50 years.

View attachment 768735
I account the auto GDP drop with 3 things: 1. the demise of the drive in theatre, 2. cost of parts and manufacturing causing profit margins to be significantly reduced and 3. the cost of college tuitions and $1400 phones.
The "phone" has taken the place of the "car" and college tuitions have made mommy and daddy broke.