Leaking steering box on farm pro 2425

/ Leaking steering box on farm pro 2425 #1  

Garycw

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R w/ fel, Farm Pro 2425, ford 841 & 851
While doing ground work it developed some hydraulic fluid leaks. The hotter it got the more it leaked. . Two of the leaks were two missing plugs on top of rear axles. I plugged them with bolts. I assume these were to bleed air out??
My main problem is that it's leaking out the bottom of steering box above shifter. Doesn't appear to be a line connection, but leaking around bottom plate. How do you get access to the bottom bolts to tighten? I can get a wrench in it, but no room to turn. It looks like they'd have to be a lot of parts taken off to tighten bolts?

Last edited:
   / Leaking steering box on farm pro 2425
Has anyone else developed a leak there?

/ Leaking steering box on farm pro 2425 #3  
Suggest you contact Tommy from Affordable Tractors or Ronald from Ranch Hand Supplies....They are both helpful dealers. They can probably guide you through fixing your problems and also supply any parts you need

Now I've noticed my PTO is not working. Tractor drives fine and lift arms work. I had a fluid leak but have stopped that pretty much. I've added some fluid and adjusted clutch out but still does not work. It was working before I used a dirt scoop a few hours. Is there anything else I can check?

Last edited:
Thanks, I think that'll put me on the right track. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Sent from the mountains

Must be my lucky day. It WAS the lever by lower right heel. So many levers guess I got confused.
I'm still wondering about the two small threaded holes are for on top of rear axles? I plugged them so fluid wasn't coming out. It was just strange that they were both missing.
Still looking for best way to get to bottom of steering box too under dash.
Is there a good diagram somewhere of parts exploded view

Sent from the mountains

Ok, I've got the diagrams. Part 53 is just listed as a screw.

image-3936484361.jpg

Sent from the mountains