leaky hose

/ leaky hose #1  

BlueCanuck

Tractor
2005 TC45DA
I was on my return trip (20km) from recieving the 50 hr overhaul on my TC45DA, when I noticed oil spewing from the bottom of the tractor. Thank god I was only a kilometer from home!!

I discovered that the oil was coming from a small 5 inch rubber hose on the left hand side of the tractor. There is a metal tube that has this rubber tube joining another metal tube. (Can't you tell I am not that mechanically inclined!)

After contacting the NH dealership and them sending someone out with a new rubber tube, I found out that it was a hydraulic tube for the 2 speed shifter on the hydrostatic Transmission.

I was concerned due to it being a new tractor and there might of been a recall on this issue. He said there were no issues reported related to the rubber tube, but as a matter of fact, at one time the metal tube was one piece and they changed it because of repeated cracking.

Just thought you all should know to watch out for leaking rubber hoses!

Steve

/ leaky hose #2  
Whenever I'm under the 40D greasing it I look at that rubber coupling and wonder if and when it'll blow. Hasen't as of yet but it sure looks to me like an accident looking for a place to happen in my opinion.

/ leaky hose #3  
That sounds like a built in dealer 'guaranteed service' type of part. in other words.. it is a wear part that was a used to ensure that the dealer had plenty of parts to change and charge you for once warranty was over...

Soundguy

/ leaky hose #4  
Sounds like what I had happen on my TC30 today, soaked my left leg and foot pretty good before I shut it down.