Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System?

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #1  

BackRoad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000, MF 35
Is there any real evidence (kindly not seeking opinions)...

that leaving the 3PH or the FEL raised with the tractor not running places extra stress on the hydraulic cylinders or seals?

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #2  
Don’t think it would be bad for it; on my JD 4500, the 3ph will stay up basically forever but the loader will leak down slowly

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #4  
Agree ...safety issue big time. Never seen it harm anything.

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #6  
Many years ago I visited a friend. In the adjoining lot was a Case 580 backhoe with bucket, backhoe, and stabilizers left up. There were about a half-dozen little boys playing, climbing all over the tractor, mainly playing with the steering wheel.

Thankfully none of them had moved any levers enough to drop something on someone. They ran away as I walked over and lowered everything.

Bruce

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #7  
When our goats were young one of them jumped on the tractor and hit the joystick. The bucket came down and just missed another goat playing on the ground. I've become religious about never leaving the bucket up.

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #8  
The 3pt on my 4310 use to remain up indefinitely until I left a 700 lb tiller raised on it. Now it leaks down so I quit leaving it up. My loader has always leaked down if left up so I park with everything down now.

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System? #9  
Is there any real evidence (kindly not seeking opinions)...

that leaving the 3PH or the FEL raised with the tractor not running places extra stress on the hydraulic cylinders or seals?
Makes it easier to steal, just put in neutral.

/ Leaving Implements Raised - Bad For Hydraulic System?
Thanks for the responses, and let me add a bit more detail!

Concur totally with the safety concerns when storing or parking the tractor end of day...my implements are always lowered, with no load on the hydraulics.

Yet going out on a limb, suggesting I'm not the only one to go down in history, who has ever had implements raised with the tractor off!

My situations are while working. I'm actively on and off the tractor dozens of times during the day.

Tasks, such as cutting trees or clearing slash create need to use the chainsaw, gather loose branches, hook up chains, etc. If it's expected to be more than 5-7 minutes of effort, I idle down and shut off the tractor.

I leave the box blade for rear ballast, up out of the way, rather than lowered to the ground during these short shut downs.

Same with the FEL, with the grapple normally closed for travel and maybe knee level above the ground.

The question is if anyone from the TBN Brain Trust is aware - conclusively (not conjecture) - whether shutting off a tractor while the hydraulics are loaded is verified to be any more adverse for hydraulic system components, compared to what they receive during standard duty cycles with the tractor operating.