LED lighting on ROPS

/ LED lighting on ROPS #21  
And as I found out, the rated wattage on most of those cheap LED light bars is is optimistic by almost 50%. I might have managed without my expensive aux fuse box. But where is the fun in that.

/ LED lighting on ROPS #22  
Over the years, I've tried many work light schemes. Magnet mounts, ROPS clamps both above and below the bar, all had their problems. The magnets would "creep" and sometimes fall off due to heavy vibration from the work I do. The ROPS clamps held ok but were subject to damage. I mow along a tree line and frequently take the tractor in the woods. It didn't seem to matter whether they were mounted above or below the bar, sooner or later a branch would get one.

Eventually, I made a simple bracket which is easily removable when working in the woods. It straddles the top of the ROPS and when necessary, I hold it in place with a hose clamp. The individually switched lights can swivel forward or reverse and are held further outboard which helps the glare. I tapped into the 4.5 amp work light circuit with a 2 pin connector for quick removal. The whole rig comes off in seconds.

P1060317a.jpg P1060319a.jpg P1060321a.jpg

It isn't pretty but I've used it on my last 3 Kubotas with no modification. Someday, I'll get around to giving it a coat of Kubota gray.

/ LED lighting on ROPS
Thanks all I'm just going to put one light up for rear work. The led only pulls 2.5 amps do it should work. I've got to repaint the rops first and planning to put the switch where the yield sign is with maybe a piece angle iron. Making as simple as possible

/ LED lighting on ROPS
Decided to go with magnets. I will run the wiring down to the down to the 12v plug below the seat. I don't want it on until I need it...I can take in on or off as I need it. Thanks all

/ LED lighting on ROPS #27  
Yet another way to mount lights... (I checked into the Click-bond stuff- seems like a great system, but too pricey for my simple projects) I did use a relay for my lights, simply because a $2.50 relay is a simple way to insure you get all the light you pay for. I am happy with the light location, considering that I didn't want them sticking out where they would banged. ROPS still works as needed, of course. Waterproof, LED switches so if I use the rear lights backing into my dark barn on a sunny day I don't forget the lights are on- probably overkill. 27 W front and rear, 18 W side lights. (I snowplow, too often at night, and down a woody lane, so seeing what's along side me is useful.)

P1010878.jpg P1010746.jpg

/ LED lighting on ROPS #28  
Yet another way to mount lights... (I checked into the Click-bond stuff- seems like a great system, but too pricey for my simple projects) I did use a relay for my lights, simply because a $2.50 relay is a simple way to insure you get all the light you pay for. I am happy with the light location, considering that I didn't want them sticking out where they would banged. ROPS still works as needed, of course. Waterproof, LED switches so if I use the rear lights backing into my dark barn on a sunny day I don't forget the lights are on- probably overkill. 27 W front and rear, 18 W side lights. (I snowplow, too often at night, and down a woody lane, so seeing what's along side me is useful.)

View attachment 505764 View attachment 505765
Looks good, varmint!

/ LED lighting on ROPS
I've mounted my with magnets. I might put up a steel plate and u bolt it to the ROPS and that will give the magnets a bigger bite. The light runs 2.4 amps so I figure I'll just run it through to the auxiliary plug and have 5 amp fuse it. Might first thought was to mount it permanently and running it into a switch but I don't want to keep it on the all the time. Simple solution magnets and straight line it the the auxiliary plus and fuse it. When I'm done with it I just pull the plug and pulling off the metal and should be simple