Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower.....

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #1  

Utopia Texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 / Kubota L6060 / Kubota ZD2300
I received my 8' Caroni Estate Finishing Mower last Fall so I really did not get a chance to use it until yesterday. The turf in the Pecan 0rchard is a mix of wild Winter Rye/Oats, Clover and the Coastal Bermuda that is just beginning to turn green and grow for Spring. Had the mower on the highest 4" setting. We had 2 inches of rain 3 days ago so I did leave some wheel ruts but all in all this is a great finishing mower. Pulled it with my NH T4.75 on eco-PTO where I can run the PTO at 540 rpm and engine at 1600 RPM. So far so good except I am going to have to be more diligent picking up small pecan limbs so I don't dull the 5 blades too soon.
Caroni 8' 002.jpgCaroni 8' 001.jpgCaroni 8 Foot Finishing Mower 001.jpgCaroni 8 Foot Finishing Mower 002.jpgCaroni 8 Foot Finishing Mower 003.jpg
Most of the trees here are budding out but the Pecans are smart and bud out later in case we have late cold weather this far South.

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #2  
Yep, I am impressed! :thumbsup:

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #3  
Nice, how many acres of trees?

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #5  
Great equipment setup. The Pecan Orchard is very nice.

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower.....
Nice, how many acres of trees?

15 acres here at the home place in Pecans. Some years a money maker and others just a huge amount of work for no pay. At least here in Texas we still have Ag. Exemptions on production land so that helps a lot.

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower.....
Looks like squirrel heaven!

Lot's of squirrels but we have a pair of Hawks that nest in the orchard and they knock into the population somewhat. Squirrels can be very destructive to the Pecan crop. In the Fall a squirrel can bite into 150-200 green husked pecans a day, then spit the bite out due to the sour flavor, then go on and keep doing it over and over. They are not smart enough to know they are not ripe yet!

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #8  
I'll bet the hawks are nice and fat in that happy hunting ground.

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #9  
Why type pecan trees would you recommend for the north Alabama region?

/ Let Me Impress You With the Caroni Finishing Mower..... #10  
Beautiful orchard and machinery!

I love my old finishing mower, it's a Douglas 6', no longer made. But it does a great job in our pecan orchard, or what's left of it after Hurricane Katrina 2004.