Let's go over air compressors...

/ Let's go over air compressors... #21  
I've had my Quincy for about 4 years now.

Very satisfied.

20190222_162901.jpg

The amount of CFM at the specific PSI your tool needs is what matter. Many compressor companies play shenanigans with the rating numbers. It's much easier for a cheap compressor to make CFM at low PSI. But making good CFM at high PSI takes some real grunt. Most home shops never need more than 90-100 PSI for their tools. But finding a compressor that makes good CFM at that PSI is tough. None of the box store or low cost tool stores (looking at you Harbor Freight), would carry a compressor like that. At HF, they sold some air tools that couldn't be driven by the compressors they sold.

Having large air flow (CFM) and combining with a large tank, makes it so the compressor can "keep up" with constant demand tools, like air sanders. I can run my air sander indefinitely with my compressor. Sure it kicks on the compressor motor, but it's always able to refill the tank reservoir at the same time I'm running the tool. I never have to wait for the compressor to "catch up" to my use.

Now when I'm out mowing remote pastures, I'm using my little pancake compressor that's powered from my generator in the back of my truck. I am constantly having to stop when blowing out my radiator and coolers on the tractor, so the poor little pancake compressor can catch up.

/ Let's go over air compressors... #22  
I have had my 60 gallon Quincy QT 54 for several years and never a problem.

I put an electric condensate valve & timer on it so water gets blown out every 4 hours.

15 cfm, 100% duty cycle, and 50,000 hour pump life

But I see they have nearly doubled in price since I bought mine. (n)

/ Let's go over air compressors... #23  
I am constantly having to stop when blowing out my radiator and coolers on the tractor, so the poor little pancake compressor can catch up.
Bought myself one of those Bauer 20 volt handheld blowers and the a 5AH pack it runs and runs and it fits nicely behind my seat as well. The concentrator end makes short work of any rad blockage Cheap too, I paid under 5o bucks for it (tool only). It really blows...lol No compressor needed.

/ Let's go over air compressors... #25  
I have an old Kellogg American compressor 5 hp 3phase but with an inverter. I got it from a lady’s who’s dad passed.
IMG_1872.JPG
IMG_1870.JPG
IMG_1885.JPG

I did get a newer tank for it 80 gallons I’m thinking

/ Let's go over air compressors...
Never mind this post.... I showed something local for sale, was asking if it was worth looking at and the listing has been terminated.

Apologies for dragging you to this post.

/ Let's go over air compressors... #28  
I rent one of these for road/driveway bores. Shopping for one but dang their expensive.
20221101_114833.jpg
20221101_114833.jpg

/ Let's go over air compressors... #29  
That is a rotary screw compressor. Sullair don't make reciprocating compressors that I know of. I have one that I purchased at a machinery auction and it's complete with a built in refrigerated dryer. They are very expensive to buy new. For a home shop, a reciprocating compressor is really the best bet. Try Ritchie Brothers auctions. They usually have them at auction for sale. Not much to wear out except the seals.

/ Let's go over air compressors... #30  
Ive been eyeing a quincy 2 stage for years, to replace my lowes (kobalt as i recall) single stage, but dang that lowes unit just keeps on running. 10 years now.