Lifetime antifreeze

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Hi, wondering if anybody has found a brand of lifetime antifreeze that is rated for industrial/tractor use. I've checked out a couple and the lifetime stuff is rated for use in cars and light pickups. I currently use the extended life( five year ) stuff. I don't see how anything could be rated for a lifetime but it would be kind of nice to go ten to twelve years or so.

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
I have been using the Rotella antifreeze in the diesel. It is formulated for diesels and got it a Walmart as well.
Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Coolant-Antifreeze | Shell ROTELLA(R)

WOW ! Glad you didn't post this in the Kubota area. You would have been told how you will destroy your tractor for not buying / using antifreeze from a Kubota dealer.
You know, The antifreeze the Kubota sells is formulated by Kubota engineers for Kubota, and all other antifreeze is inferior to Kubota labeled anti freeze.. LOL

MacLawn

Veteran Member
Red Clay Country, GA & Mississippi Prarie
Tractor
JD 2210
I ain't studyin' nary lifetime mess of anything. Fluids need to be changed often, antifreeze, about every 3-5 years works. It's not hard nor expensive to do. The best insurance for your engines.

OP
oosik

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
One and all - thank you for your responses. I can observe a totally new world opening when I put on my "high intensity" reading glasses with my uber large magnifying glass. There is a WHOLE WORLD of data scribed on the back of those plastic antifreeze jugs. I don't think I've ever experienced writing quite that small. Its so tiny - I begin to wonder if its truly meant for general public consumption.

mrmikey

Veteran Member
Fluids need to be changed often, antifreeze, about every 3-5 years works. It's not hard nor expensive to do. The best insurance for your engines.
My train of thought also.
Heck, I just bought a TM3160 Iseki last spring, only had 130 some odd hours on it. I changed every fluid in it, AF, diffs', transmission, coolant etc. that way I know it's been done and it's all fresh fluids I'm starting with...........Mike

Bird

Epic Contributor
How many are old enough to remember when we drained the antifreeze, flushed the radiator, and refilled it with fresh water and an anti-rust additive in the Spring. Then of course, we drained that and put antifreeze in again in the Fall.:laughing:

Redbug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830HST
How many are old enough to remember when we drained the antifreeze, flushed the radiator, and refilled it with fresh water and an anti-rust additive in the Spring. Then of course, we drained that and put antifreeze in again in the Fall.:laughing:

Yup! And even though an antifreeze says it may be good for 10 years or whatever...I still replace it about every 3 years. Antifreeze is cheap and it's good insurance.

Ken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4520,
Bird I remember the period of WW11 when anti freeze wasn't available or so expensive that the radiator was drained on engines not used parked for a time.
Dad carried buckets of scalding water and poured into engine to warm and make it easier to turn over . cardboard in front of radiator to keep engine warm when driving .
Some used a mixture of kerosene. or switched from one tractor to next vehicle planning on using . Auh the good old days.
going to town having to start at daylight trying to get engine to run . and buy enough of the gas at .12 to .16 gal only had to have need to make the trip.
ken

4get gto

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 147D with loader,Woods mow,n machine 6210 ,Sears st10,Roper rt 10

Yep I remember. Heck I have antifreeze in a few things that hadn't been changed 15 or more years.