lift arms..

/ lift arms.. #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi folks, gravelman here. I have a Kubota 2650, 2016 year. Cab tractor hst. I was grappling brush for several hours...suddenl lift arms would not lift.. very very slowly but not fast enough to operate. The grapple and roll out, roll in all fine. Hydraulic level fine, all connections fine, no leaks, no crimps. I had to trailer it to repair shop and they can not figure it out yet... any ideas out there???? thanks much

/ lift arms.. #2  
Hi folks, gravelman here. I have a Kubota 2650, 2016 year. Cab tractor hst. I was grappling brush for several hours...suddenl lift arms would not lift.. very very slowly but not fast enough to operate. The grapple and roll out, roll in all fine. Hydraulic level fine, all connections fine, no leaks, no crimps. I had to trailer it to repair shop and they can not figure it out yet... any ideas out there???? thanks much
Most common issue is the quick couplers coming partly undone, had it happen to me. Take pressure off lines and disconnect/reconnect the quick couplers for the loader.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ lift arms..
yes, i did disconnect and clean all couplers, did not make a difference.

/ lift arms.. #4  
Is there a whining like the pump is dead heading when you attempt to lift?

/ lift arms.. #5  
Check to make sure your 3ph lever is not in the extreme raise position. It’s easy to bump it getting on/off seat.

/ lift arms..
you can hear the engine working like it is trying to pump oil but the pump itself is not louder than normal. Also, the rollout and rollback of bucket and third valve function are fine

/ lift arms.. #7  
Swap the hoses for the curl and lift functions and see what happens.

/ lift arms..
excellent suggestion....will get back to you THANKS

/ lift arms.. #9  
If swapping to a different valve gives the same result, the mostly likely thing (i think) is a failed piston seal in one of the lift cylinders.

If that were the case most likely that circuit would not get up to max pressure and you should notice the engine not bogging as hard as it would if you curled the bucket or grapple all the way and held it there. You may also be able to notice which side had the problem by a slight flex in the loader itself if you were to raise it and leave it lifted. As in, if you raise the arms and just leave the bucket off the ground, you might be able to tell by stepping on each end of the bucket with your foot that one side had more give/flex because the cylinder on that side wasn't really holding that arm up. On a strong enough loader frame that flex might not be noticable, though. Might also be able to tell by noise at the cylinder. I have a backhoe cylinder that i believe has a failed piston seal and when I pull it all the way up and hold it there it makes a fairly loud whoosh/squishing sound from the cylinder itself.

You might try leaving the bucket on the ground and then dumping bucket to a vertical position which should raise the front of the tractor up. If the arms just raise instead of picking up the tractor, or if it lifts but then drifts fairly quickly back down, those would also be evidence of a piston leak in a cylinder (assuming changing valves did nothing).

/ lift arms..
Ok on this and i thank you...will keep you posted