Lift capacity / breakout force

/ Lift capacity / breakout force #1  

MetroX

Tractor
2004 Toolcat "B"
I'm considering an upgrade for my 2004 Toolcat Model B, and there are a couple things I'd like to be able to do that my current machine cannot. First and most important, lifting capacity. I buy bagged feed by the pallet, and each one is 2000#. My current Toolcat will lift 1500#, so I have to partially disassemble each pallet in order to lift the rest off. The datasheet for current Toolcat says its rated for 2200#, minus the weight of the forks this might just leave me enough to lift a complete pallet. Has anyone used an older B and the current series and can speak to any differences in the lift capabilities?

The second thing on my wish list that the new Toolcat won't help with, is lift height. I buy large hay bales and stack them on the ground, each bale is about 3x3x8. I can only stack them 3 high, to go one higher I'd need a 10' height to pin and that's not going to happen. I looked at a JD 304 articulating loader that is much stronger and can lift higher than the Toolcat, but is was nearly $100k. No bueno.

/ Lift capacity / breakout force #2  
The tipping weight is 4200 lbs, so you should be fine. I have a 2020 5610 Toolcat, and I have lifted close to 4000 lbs without feeling totally unsafe. I was only lifting about 4 feet, though. I, also, had about 300 lbs on the rear three-point hitch, so that helped to prevent the front end from feeling like it might tip.

/ Lift capacity / breakout force #3  
my series A 2005 could lift 1600 lbs but struggled, breakout force at this weight was zero, had to roll forks back fully before lifting, the 2020 can easily lift 2600 full height, roll back is no issue for safety I put a water tank filled 80gal of water in the box

/ Lift capacity / breakout force #4  
I'm considering an upgrade for my 2004 Toolcat Model B, and there are a couple things I'd like to be able to do that my current machine cannot. First and most important, lifting capacity. I buy bagged feed by the pallet, and each one is 2000#. My current Toolcat will lift 1500#, so I have to partially disassemble each pallet in order to lift the rest off. The datasheet for current Toolcat says its rated for 2200#, minus the weight of the forks this might just leave me enough to lift a complete pallet. Has anyone used an older B and the current series and can speak to any differences in the lift capabilities?

The second thing on my wish list that the new Toolcat won't help with, is lift height. I buy large hay bales and stack them on the ground, each bale is about 3x3x8. I can only stack them 3 high, to go one higher I'd need a 10' height to pin and that's not going to happen. I looked at a JD 304 articulating loader that is much stronger and can lift higher than the Toolcat, but is was nearly $100k. No bueno.
MetroX, I sorta work (all Work from home now really) in Milford, MI. I live 35mins north, you're welcome to check out my 2016 5600. It'll lift your 2000lb pallets for sure.

/ Lift capacity / breakout force
I had the local dealer bring out a 2020 Toolcat for demo (before they accused me of being a terrorist negotiator) and sure enough, it will lift 2000# with the heavy duty forks. Still says SAE rated for 1500# lift capacity, but then they also show a 2200# rated capacity. But at any rate, I can attest that the current Toolcat will lift about 500# more than a Model B.

/ Lift capacity / breakout force #6  
----------------------------------------------------

Check this thread, but think bale spear instead of forks: FEL forklift

3pt fl.jpg