Little girl killed by rattlesnake

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #1  

deserteagle71

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
Recently I've been following several threads on the internet with people arguing over whether a rattlesnake found near populated areas should be killed or moved or urged to move. Then this morning I saw this story on the Reno news...wondering how the folks on TBN feel about this subject? I found it simply heartbreaking, can't imagine what the family must be going through right now.

Winnemucca toddler killed by rattlesnake bite, family says local hospital didn't do enough | KRNV

This is one I shot (.22 with birdshot) on my house steps a couple years ago:

P1100769r.jpg

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #2  
Sad and tragic . Heres one that got under my Ford 250 front R tire at the time .

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
   / Little girl killed by rattlesnake #3  
In my opinion, if you see a rattler, you kill it if it can be done safely.

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #4  
Sad and tragic . Heres one that got under my Ford 250 front R tire at the time .

I'll bet that it ran right out in front of you, too!

Did you have to run over it again to see if it was dead?

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #5  
I'll bet that it ran right out in front of you, too!

Did you have to run over it again to see if it was dead?

Dont remember ! ;)

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #6  
I recently commented on another post somewhere that I'd love to see more kingsnakes and rat snakes on my property but venomous snakes were kill on sight because I'm not getting bit, my girl isn't getting bit, and my dog isn't getting bit... some jackhole started telling me how wrong I was and just WOULD NOT shut up when I told him I didn't care about his opinion and if he wanted to let all the venomous snakes live at his place that was his prerogative but it wasn't happening at my farm.

I finally just ignore him because he WOULD NOT let it go...

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #7  
Recently I've been following several threads on the internet with people arguing over whether a rattlesnake found near populated areas should be killed or moved or urged to move. Then this morning I saw this story on the Reno news...wondering how the folks on TBN feel about this subject? I found it simply heartbreaking, can't imagine what the family must be going through right now.

Winnemucca toddler killed by rattlesnake bite, family says local hospital didn't do enough | KRNV

This is one I shot (.22 with birdshot) on my house steps a couple years ago:

View attachment 655689

Any rattlers that trespass here are immediately dispatched! Bull snakes on the other hand are welcomed anytime!

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #8  
In 55 years plus here seen maybe 6 cottonmouths atleast four feet long . One red and yellow kill a fellow . Many big rattlers , pygmys , and two pythons . Along with many non venomous species .

Hunted other states and thank the Lord never seen a copperhead . I hear they can be some nasty customers !

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake
Any rattlers that trespass here are immediately dispatched! Bull snakes on the other hand are welcomed anytime!

Same here! The bull snakes (gopher snakes) hand around the buildings all summer long; when it gets really hot they hang out in the covered breezeway between the house and garage and I have to be careful not to step on them. I used to have a terrible problem with voles in my lawn until the bull snakes moved in.

/ Little girl killed by rattlesnake #10  
wondering how the folks on TBN feel about this subject?

Beautiful little girl, tragedy she died. Based on story, the family has a good chance of winning a major lawsuit against the hospital. :judge: