Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #1  

Rock knocker

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 950
This is what I've seen just the past two days.

It's always 420 somewhere. I think this may be a model modified in Yakima by Linderman. This would be a fun machine to own and use if you could baby it and back it up with a newer and stronger wheeled tractor

L1020179.jpg
L1020180.jpg
L1020181.jpg

This an ancient Windolph made in Portland OR. It is powered by a Wisconsin 2 cyl air cooled gas engine. The previous owners did a terrible job setting up the hydraulics for the log splitter
L1020182.jpg
L1020183.jpg
L1020185.jpg
L1020186.jpg

And finally a Taylor 252. Powered by a 2 cylinder diesel. This unit is missing it's radiator. From the absolute lack of identify tags, I would think this is a Chinese machine
Taylor 1.jpg
Taylor 2.jpg
Taylor 3.jpg
Taylor 4.jpg

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #2  
Nice pictures. I would like to get a John Deere B Linderman.

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #3  
I would ove to have a lil crawler sumthin' to putz around on someday.
There is another thread now where a guy asks for info on a tracked
wheelbarrow. Some of the replies point to tracked mini undercarriage
parts for sale companies. It would be entirely possible to buy a small
undercarriage and build a whatnot...

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #5  
   / Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #6  
I would bet money that last one was a Gulin / Yuchai dozer. It looks style-wise extremely similar to mine...
CIMG2723.JPG

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA
I would bet money that last one was a Gulin / Yuchai dozer. It looks style-wise extremely similar to mine...
View attachment 275824

I would think you're right. If it came from the US, Euro or Japan, there would be more name tags and the engine would have a manufacturers id

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #8  
I don't think that 420C is a Lindeman. John Deere bought out Lindeman in 1946 . 420C's were built from 1956 -58.[ Not trying to be a smarty..]
I operated one years ago. Plenty of power for its size and weight. Easily match a 50 hp wheel tractor in pulling or pushing power due to low gearing and traction. Only weakness for these seemed to be final drive housings cracking.. Watch for that if you're shopping...

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA
I don't think that 420C is a Lindeman. John Deere bought out Lindeman in 1946 . 420C's were built from 1956 -58..

After Deere bought Lindeman, they kept Mr. Lindeman on the payroll, and kept the factory in Yakima. When did they move out of Yak? Even the history web-sites for Yakima are a little vague.

/ Little, old and little& old dozers around Snohomish WA #10  
I have a 1958 420 C 5 speed 5 roller that I am selling either as is or parting out if anyone is interrested.
Almost all parts have been rebuilt and re painted and still unassembled. Been working on it for 10 years and have finally come to the realization I will not get it finished so am willing to part out so somebody else can get theirs running. Then I can take my shop back and do something productive with the space.