Little score today, one free and one not so free

/ Little score today, one free and one not so free #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
Went over to see the new house my brother bought today. Place had 3 shop buildings. Did a little looking around and found this in the weeds. 1204151736.jpg Two all steel saw horses top is 2.5x4in Ibeam, legs angle iron. Dragged them out of the weeds and hauled home. Then made a little trip to the metal supply looking for a piece of metal for a welding table top. Found this cutoff, 1204151735.jpg. 4x8 sheet minus a few cutoffs. 1/2in thick. Paid half sheet price and didnt have to pay for the cut. heres enough of the uncut section to make a 48x32 table, with a bunch left over for my other project. Cost $150, which I thought was a little high, but I got this piece for what they wanted to charge me for a 48x32 piece cut, so I guess i cant complain to much.

/ Little score today, one free and one not so free #2  
Went over to see the new house my brother bought today. Place had 3 shop buildings. Did a little looking around and found this in the weeds.

Looks like the photo didn't attach - may want to edit it.

/ Little score today, one free and one not so free
Looks like the photo didn't attach - may want to edit it.

Went to attach pics and hit the post button, what can I say,:confused3:

/ Little score today, one free and one not so free #4  
No worries!! It happens - just not sure you knew...

/ Little score today, one free and one not so free #5  
Good deal overall.

You should set up some kinda O/A or plasma track torch system for cutting that top.....:)

Terry

/ Little score today, one free and one not so free
Good deal overall.

You should set up some kinda O/A or plasma track torch system for cutting that top.....:)

Terry

Terry, you know I made myself a track torch for the O/A and then added the Plasma. :thumbsup: I sort of figure that by cutting the metal myself, I scored a bigger piece of plate than I would have gotten if I let the supplier do the cutting. The table isnt quite as big as I would like, but neither is my shop. I think I am going to keep the table build pretty simple, just a top and 4 legs. Probably add a receiver hitch for mounting a vise. I have been using a stainless steel biscuit making table out of a old Hardees for a few years now. I found the table to be to big and to light, and a junk collector. I plan on giving away that table to make room for the new table. Everything is sort of out of place in the shop. My lathe is between the current table and my welding machines. I will move it down to where the table currently sits and put the new table where the lathe is now. I plan on wheels on the new table so I can roll it out to the middle of the floor when I need it. I'll post a pic once I get it built.