Live vs electro hydraulic independent PTO

/ Live vs electro hydraulic independent PTO #1  

just_toolin

Tractor
Kioti DK40 w/ 1470 loader
Well I submited to The Century/Branson forum for some comparison experiences between the Century and LandTrac Korean tractors, no responses? Lets try a different question, what are the pros & cons of the live pto versus the independent (electro hydraulic switch). The LandTrac with the manual transmission (360 DTC) has the independent and the Century has the live pto. I undestand the different operations of the two types, I was more wondering on reliability of the electro hydraulic switch, cost of repair, average service life before repair, adjustments needed (and ease to accomplish) through out the life of the clutch, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Live vs electro hydraulic independent PTO #2  
Sorry, I don't read the Century/Branson forum. I have no experience with the Century/Branson tractors, so I can't comment on them. I have a Landtrac 360DTC and am very pleased with the tractor. The PTO switch has 2 posistions, live and independant. I have had my tractor for over a year with no major problems. I am fairly certain the electro hydraulic switch system is used by other manufactures (including the Big Three) and have heard of no problems with it. Mine has worked flawlessly, with over 400 hrs of use on the tractor. I have done a lot of work and the tractor has performed quite well. Let me know if you have any specific questions on the Landtrac and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

/ Live vs electro hydraulic independent PTO #3  
I also own a Long Landtrac 410dtc with the electro hydro . I have 200hrs on it and have had no trouble. Having the option of the constant or dependent is nice. Not sure on long term questions you asked only know what has happened over 200 hrs. ED I see you are from PA I am in Northeast Pa . I see you are as happy with your Landtrac as I am with mine.

/ Live vs electro hydraulic independent PTO
Ed,

Do you have the Long agribusiness 5140 loader? The web specification for the loader lists 1250 lift, my local dealer said this is wrong and listed 1900, and another online dealer listed over 2000 lbs. What model and how is the loader working for you?

Thanks

/ Live vs electro hydraulic independent PTO #5  
Any of you guys still active on here? I have a landtrac 410dtc and the pto quit. Since the PTO switch has 2 positions, manual and independent. If the hydraulic does build enough pressure to work on independent should the manual side still work off the transmission?