Loader to fit JD 2040?

/ Loader to fit JD 2040? #1  

hward

Tractor
JD2040S
Hi,

I have a John Deere 2040 (1981/1982) that I'm looking to put a loader onto as I need it for lifting bales and mucking out the cows. I want to do it as cheaply as possible (I have a max budget of 」1000) and my question is what loaders will go on it? There doesn't seem to be many older John Deere loaders advertised but there seems to be a lot of Ford and Massey Ferguson loaders floating around cheaply at auctions and on ebay. Would either of these makes fit on it, and if so what model?

I've been led to believe that the problem is the brackets? If so what if I could pick up brackets which will fit the tractor, would any of these other loaders then fit those brackets and go on the tractor?

Thanks in advance
PS. I know next to nothing about loaders!

/ Loader to fit JD 2040? #2  
I believe that your 2040 is pretty similar to my 1981 2240. Dont know if it will help ya much or if our tractors are similar enough to share loaders, but my 2240 will accept a 143 loader (which is what I have) and a 145 loader, which is the better of the two. There is a third loader thay will also fit...I wanna say a 158 but dont quote me on that one!
Ok, i went a different route and found several 2040 tractors for sale with 175 loaders on them. One also has a 210 loader in the pic. Hope that helps.

/ Loader to fit JD 2040? #3  
Have a 240 loader on my 1640 . Assuming your 2040 is the three cylinder ?
Lots of used loaders out there but they are missing the mounting frames . For reasons unknown the loader is removed from the tractor and sits around . Then some dolt sells the tractor with the mounting frame still bolted on.
Open or closed Center pump ?
TractorData.com John Deere 2:mad: tractor information