Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum???

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #1  

knightrider955

Silver Member
Tractor
Long 560
Im the very proud owner of a Long 560. I love it. It is my first big tractor. unfortunatly I cant find forums for Longs anywhere. They must not be very many around since I had never heard of Long before I found mine. My Long is a great Tractor and I have found parts very easily and they are cheap. Since farmtrac used to be Long, is this the right forum to talk to othe Long owners?

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #2  
Congratulations on the new long. I had a 2360 for 3 years absolutley loved it traded it off last month for a Kioti 4wd cab but have nothing bad to say about long at all. That thing was a beast and the most fuel efficeint tractor I ever used baled hay bush hogged built driveways did lot's of stuff with the long only advice I can give is don't leave the pto clutch in for long while it is running had lots of warnings on doing that. The other great thing about it was the price gave $9500 for it used it 3 years and sold it for $8500 got well over the $1000 dollars worth of use out of it. I don't understand why they are less popular other than lack of dealers. I would buy one again anyday if it suited my needs really wish I could've kept mine and bought the kioti outright.

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #3  
Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to post any Long. Have history with the company from way back in 1975. I started a dealership here back in 1997 to their demise in 2008. Sold many Romainian 2000 series which I'm still getting parts for. trac

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum???
I cant tell you have great it is to here from other Long owners. Im glad you guys had a good experiance with Long. I hope my experiance continues to be good. Yes mine is also great on fuel. I guess those guys in Romania knew what they were doing. Im gonna change the injectors on mine just for the heck of it. They were only 50 a piece brand new. So far I love this tractor.

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #5  
Knightrider, I also have a 560. Had it for about 12 years . Great tractor.
I see that you have a loader on yours.
Do you have the hydraulic pump for the loader mounted on the PTO shaft?
If so, is that an inconvience? Thanks

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #6  
On the 2000 series, a plate could be removed above the pto shield. We added a coupler and attached a pump there, to run loader hydraulics. That would free up the lower shaft for driving pto implements. I believe the 560 has the same setup. Only drawback is, the pto would have to run to power the loader. trac

Knightrider, I also have a 560. Had it for about 12 years . Great tractor.
I see that you have a loader on yours.
Do you have the hydraulic pump for the loader mounted on the PTO shaft?
If so, is that an inconvience? Thanks

No mine is not. I have mine plummed into the line that goes from the pump to the 3 point. It goes from the pump to the control valve for my loader, out the "power beyond" port on my loader controller and back to the 3 point. Pretty simple setup and works great. I also have quick connects on my hoses so if I take my loader off, I just connect the hoses back together like it was originally. Does your thermo starter still work? Mine doesnt so needless to say its a little cold blooded.

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #8  
Just curious about the loader pump. I was at one time thinking about adding one to my 560 and someone told me that the existing pump would not put out the volumn required to run a loader. I have since aquired a loader backhoe so I don't need the loader on the 560 now.
I don't know if the thermo starter works or not. I know when I select in on the starter switch the panel lights go dim. But mine is cold natured also, needs a little help when it is real cold.

The stock pump on mine runs the loader no problem. Ive had 2000 lbs in it with no problem. Lifts the front of the tractor off the ground easily. Ive heard of people putting higher volume pumps on them before but mine looks factory original. Have you ever used different rims on yours?? I would like to find another set of rims for the rear but Im not sure what bolt patterns from other tractors will fit. Ive got those crappy power adjust rims. None off my gauges work which kinda sucks but that thing sure is a workhorse. I love the hand lever PTO.

/ Lonely Long owner. Is this the right forum??? #10  
I guess that I have the regular bolt on rims/tires. There is no adjustment for
them. These are the tires that were on it when I bought it.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 262