long time Kubota dealer

/ long time Kubota dealer #11  
I was afraid my dealer was going to shut down and move but a few months ago they started a huge remodel of the premises so I'm thinking they're here to stay. I know they're still having issues with parts delivery , hopefully that will get better soon.

/ long time Kubota dealer #12  
I have owned several Kubota tractors and products over many years but very disappointed with Kubota and Messick service department as of late. I have a front mounted snow blower which is only 6 years old and they don't even list it for parts anymore. I tried to get help from a Messicks part person for a hyd. hose and he said you will just have to get it replaced somewhere else as I can't help you as I don't list your blower anymore.I tried to give him the dimensions etc. but he would have no part of it. You will have to bring in the hose to have it replaced. I guess this why people like John Deere you can at least get parts.
Every tractor dealer I know of (including mine) has an Aerquip crimping machine and rolls of bulk hose. That is terrible way to conduct business.

Actually, a trip to Tractor supply should garner you a new hose no issue. Lot cheaper too. No shipping, no waiting.

I see Messicks just built a new place. Looks nice but nice don't mean beans when your service goes to hell.

/ long time Kubota dealer #13  
I guess this why people like John Deere you can at least get parts.
I have JD equipment as well and I will say that most everything at the local JD dealer is luxury priced. Don't even like going in there. In fact if I need a JD part, I order it from Shoup in Illinois.

/ long time Kubota dealer #14  
Not that I am aware of, but with the lack of inventory I am surprised there are not. I talked with my Kubota dealer last month and asked how they were making money. He said he was getting some stock of new tractors (had 8 on the lot), but most of the money was coming from parts and service. I hope dealers can stay open.
Our Kubota dealer can't keep anything on the lot, but they are selling more tractors than they were in 2019...so it looks like they selling less but they aren't.

/ long time Kubota dealer #15  
Like my dealer. No floorplanned inventory because everything they get in has already been sold. Why they have no issues keeping my new round bailer on the lot. Gives them something for customers to look at and then order one. Mine went to the local fair as well. I asked Keith (the owner if I was gonna get something more off on it for the fingerprints. He just chuckled.

Couple weeks ago they gave me a rush machining job. They got in a new Kubota MX and the ordered backhoe and were assembling the hoe on the tractor and could not get the dipperstick pivot to engage the bosses so they called me and asked what I thought. Told them to give me the dipperstick and pin and I'd fix it and they wanted it quick, so they dropped it off (I was in my car) and I line bored the welded on bushings oversize and pressed in steel inserts that afternoon and they picked it up that night and the customer got his unit the next day. When Kubota fabbed up the hoe parts, someone didn't align the weldment properly in the jig and welded it in crooked. Back during 'normal' times, they could have called Kubota and gotten a new dipperstick shipped next day but these aren't normal times so no dipperstick was available.

As it was, a nice coat of Kubota Orange 2 and the customer will never know I modified the dipperstick pivot boss. probably never grease it anyway, people are like that today.

On the subject of paint, I've found that Rustoleum Kubota Orange is a dead match for Orange 2 and it actually covers better than the OEM stuff and is a lot cheaper. If you have an older one, Majic Kubota Orange is the same as Orange 1. Hard to beat the OEM Kubota ROPS grey though. Covers well, dries quick and a can goes a long way.

Seen some really run hard and put away wet tractors find their way into their shop in the past. Amazing how people spend 10's of thousands of dollars on tractors and then beat the hell out of them.

The other day, they had an early MX cab unit in the shop and were rebuilding the engine. It had 600 hours on the meter and looked like it had 6000 hours on it. Dennis told me the owner never changed the oil and ran it dry. He said he took the air filter out and it was packed solid with filth. Guess it you have more money than brains you can afford to have your ineptness repaired. I cannot. Even if I could, I would not.

/ long time Kubota dealer #16  
5030, It sounds like you've got a good deal/relationship with your dealer.. I say "Good for you" I'm envious! All I've got locally for any sort of tractor requirement is TSC; and they aren't really much for anything more than chicken feed, hardware, hoses, gloves.
It would be nice to have something locally available but some of use just do not.

When/if I need something for my TYM I call/text Jordan's in Idaho and have gotten absolutely the best help I've needed. I mostly just try to replace anything I can with whatever I do find available locally at the Napa store. Filters, relays, hardware, etc., etc. it works for me. Greg

/ long time Kubota dealer #17  
Every tractor dealer I know of (including mine) has an Aerquip crimping machine and rolls of bulk hose. That is terrible way to conduct business.

Actually, a trip to Tractor supply should garner you a new hose no issue. Lot cheaper too. No shipping, no waiting.

I see Messicks just built a new place. Looks nice but nice don't mean beans when your service goes to hell.
It can be difficult to build and ship custom hose.easier to get custom hose local

/ long time Kubota dealer #18  
I visited Eastside Equipment in Watertown, SD on Thanksgiving weekend. They built a new facility there in the summer of 2020. My BIL was thinking about a tractor purchase and asked my opinion, so we drove over.

Business is good, it seems.

/ long time Kubota dealer #19  
Local Kubota dealer had been the family business for 70 years sold out recently.
It will remain a Kubota dealership just different owner.

I knew the original owner. It was passed down to his son. Then to the grandson

Grandson isn't that old.. I guess he just got tired of the tractor business, or couldn't keep it going due to covid.

I was sure surprised when I went by yesterday and saw the ''Under New Ownership'' sign.

Any other tractor dealers in your area sold out to someone else recently ?
Mom and Pop Tractor dealerships in my area are getting bought out by big tractor conglomerates who own many BIG dealerships.Sad IMHO..

/ long time Kubota dealer #20  
Like my dealer. No floorplanned inventory because everything they get in has already been sold. Why they have no issues keeping my new round bailer on the lot. Gives them something for customers to look at and then order one. Mine went to the local fair as well. I asked Keith (the owner if I was gonna get something more off on it for the fingerprints. He just chuckled.

Couple weeks ago they gave me a rush machining job. They got in a new Kubota MX and the ordered backhoe and were assembling the hoe on the tractor and could not get the dipperstick pivot to engage the bosses so they called me and asked what I thought. Told them to give me the dipperstick and pin and I'd fix it and they wanted it quick, so they dropped it off (I was in my car) and I line bored the welded on bushings oversize and pressed in steel inserts that afternoon and they picked it up that night and the customer got his unit the next day. When Kubota fabbed up the hoe parts, someone didn't align the weldment properly in the jig and welded it in crooked. Back during 'normal' times, they could have called Kubota and gotten a new dipperstick shipped next day but these aren't normal times so no dipperstick was available.

As it was, a nice coat of Kubota Orange 2 and the customer will never know I modified the dipperstick pivot boss. probably never grease it anyway, people are like that today.

On the subject of paint, I've found that Rustoleum Kubota Orange is a dead match for Orange 2 and it actually covers better than the OEM stuff and is a lot cheaper. If you have an older one, Majic Kubota Orange is the same as Orange 1. Hard to beat the OEM Kubota ROPS grey though. Covers well, dries quick and a can goes a long way.

Seen some really run hard and put away wet tractors find their way into their shop in the past. Amazing how people spend 10's of thousands of dollars on tractors and then beat the hell out of them.

The other day, they had an early MX cab unit in the shop and were rebuilding the engine. It had 600 hours on the meter and looked like it had 6000 hours on it. Dennis told me the owner never changed the oil and ran it dry. He said he took the air filter out and it was packed solid with filth. Guess it you have more money than brains you can afford to have your ineptness repaired. I cannot. Even if I could, I would not.
Please publish the name of your great Kubota dealership.Folks might like to do business there.Is it Carleton equipment in Monroe or redline equipment in Adrain ?

Last edited: