Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #31  
Little TLC be show room condition again if asking price is fair.

If by chance you plan on running tire chains w/R4's you'll need spacers...$$$'s

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #32  
What might concern me is that the owner doesn't know where an important dipstick is located, and he thought it was full time 4WD with no lever. I get scared when clueless people operate equipment.

I might feel a little better if he had service records showing a dealer did the 50 hour service and any other service. Check to see if the engine has the original oil filter (painted gray) or if it's been replaced. You may be able to tell from his property whether or not full time 4WD would have been detrimental.

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #33  
I've had a L3400, which is very similar to the smaller engined L2800 for several years. If you buy it, I think I would do a complete filter/fluid change, just so you are off to the clean start. Use Kubota's Super Udt 2, Kubota filters, etc. The clutch should be in when you pull up or push down on the FWD handle. Leaving it in FWD will rob a bit of power and add a bit of wear and tear, but in 200 hours, unless he was roading it most of the time, it should not be a factor. I used one spray can of truck bed liner on my floor boards, and it has held up perfectly, I think. If there are any wear spots, I haven't noticed them. I wiped it down with acetone after sanding any rusted areas and masking off the holes, etc. The advice on the sight glass and leaky suction hose is right on. If you don't get manuals with it, download or otherwise get your hands on them. Very useful. (the sight glass is visible in the center photo, FWIW.)

P1010864.JPGP1010865.jpgP1010866.jpg

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #34  
I've had a L3400, which is very similar to the smaller engined L2800 for several years. If you buy it, I think I would do a complete filter/fluid change, just so you are off to the clean start. Use Kubota's Super Udt 2, Kubota filters, etc. The clutch should be in when you pull up or push down on the FWD handle. Leaving it in FWD will rob a bit of power and add a bit of wear and tear, but in 200 hours, unless he was roading it most of the time, it should not be a factor. I used one spray can of truck bed liner on my floor boards, and it has held up perfectly, I think. If there are any wear spots, I haven't noticed them. I wiped it down with acetone after sanding any rusted areas and masking off the holes, etc. The advice on the sight glass and leaky suction hose is right on. If you don't get manuals with it, download or otherwise get your hands on them. Very useful. (the sight glass is visible in the center photo, FWIW.)

View attachment 500302View attachment 500303View attachment 500304

Looks like you did a good job with your "rattle can" of pickup bed liner.

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800
Probably good news, the owner found a buyer for this tractor. I really like this model, but was uncomfortable with too many issues.
Learned a lot that I will carry with me to my future shopping adventures!
Thanks to all for the great information and your time.

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #36  
If you don't mind telling us, how much was he asking for it?

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #37  
Thanks for the update, just a question, what was the L2800 going for?

(I don't think there were any issue that would have kept me from buy it... other than a high price!)

/ Looking at a preowned Kubota L2800 #38  
It sold because it was priced right. I'm with teg, I wouldn't have hesitated on any of those issues.

Nice job..looks great.

View attachment 500302View attachment 500303View attachment 500304

The asking price was $12,500. The tractor was a mess, which waved some red flags. I liked the size and will be looking for another L2800.

Was there a "deluxe model made in this size L series? If I am correct, the Grand L's are a larger tractor?