Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU

/ Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I've a JD 2025R. Good tractor but with some electrical issues, probably mostly solved now. 420 hours. At 660 hours, my 4010 (like a 2019E if made) front driveshaft Ujoint blew apart at 9 years. Had the 2025Rs greased at 200 hours. Supposed to be greased every 50 but cannot get to it nor even the back one with a normal grease gun. 2025Rs driveshaft has only plastic to protect the driver. One owner almost had a broken leg when the plastic was destroyed by a broken shaft. So, with this bomb in mind, I'm looking for a Kubota.

Attached is a spreadsheet comparison of the 2025R vs. B2301 and LX2601SU but also have the L2501 included. The L is a much heavier tractor and has the brakes on the wrong side with the treadle peddle. Not in the running at all.

Have online operators manuals for both the B2301 and LX2601 series. The manual shows clearly the differences between the SU and other 2601. What is different on the SU:

1. No mid PTO (don't need)
2. A lesser seat (but probably better than the B's)
3. No cruise control (almost never use)
4. No extendable lower lift arms (plan to use my HF QH on new Kubota; no issue)

I'd likely get the 3 inch axle extenders on the B2301 to make it a tad wider than the 2025R but less wide than the LXSU.

So far, have checked with 3 Kubota dealers now within 35 miles of here and no tractors with loaders. Targeting for my 80th birthday in April. Got to see access with loaders on and want to operate the loaders. Loader on the 2025R is excellent. Access is reasonable but not great. Have never ever removed a loader in 17 years.

The LX manual shows greasing every 50 hours, MUCH more reasonable than 10 I've read about on the B (but haven't checked its manual for this).

Ralph

Attachments

• Comparison Kubota vs. JD.JPG
    Comparison Kubota vs. JD.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 97
   / Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU #2  
If the LX series was in production when I was shopping I likely would have ended up with an LX3310 cab. The standard L's were a little too basic for my desires, and the larger B machine (3350) was off my list because of the emissions debacle. I ended up with a cabbed L4060, which has been flawless over the past 600 hours.

I was not aware that the L2501 had brakes on the right, which is a miserable design IMHO. I will say that the L2501 is a very reliable beast of a machine though. Very good reputation.
Good luck, and happy tractor shopping!

/ Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU #3  
I've a JD 2025R. Good tractor but with some electrical issues, probably mostly solved now. 420 hours. At 660 hours, my 4010 (like a 2019E if made) front driveshaft Ujoint blew apart at 9 years. Had the 2025Rs greased at 200 hours. Supposed to be greased every 50 but cannot get to it nor even the back one with a normal grease gun. 2025Rs driveshaft has only plastic to protect the driver. One owner almost had a broken leg when the plastic was destroyed by a broken shaft. So, with this bomb in mind, I'm looking for a Kubota.

Attached is a spreadsheet comparison of the 2025R vs. B2301 and LX2601SU but also have the L2501 included. The L is a much heavier tractor and has the brakes on the wrong side with the treadle peddle. Not in the running at all.

Have online operators manuals for both the B2301 and LX2601 series. The manual shows clearly the differences between the SU and other 2601. What is different on the SU:

1. No mid PTO (don't need)
2. A lesser seat (but probably better than the B's)
3. No cruise control (almost never use)
4. No extendable lower lift arms (plan to use my HF QH on new Kubota; no issue)

I'd likely get the 3 inch axle extenders on the B2301 to make it a tad wider than the 2025R but less wide than the LXSU.

So far, have checked with 3 Kubota dealers now within 35 miles of here and no tractors with loaders. Targeting for my 80th birthday in April. Got to see access with loaders on and want to operate the loaders. Loader on the 2025R is excellent. Access is reasonable but not great. Have never ever removed a loader in 17 years.

The LX manual shows greasing every 50 hours, MUCH more reasonable than 10 I've read about on the B (but haven't checked its manual for this).

Ralph
LX is a size up from the B or Deere 2 series, are you sure those extra dimensions are ok? If you are looking at the LX SU I would consider the B2601 if you don't need the size/weight. You can easily make the B as heavy as the LX.

I still grease mine every 10 hours....the battery powered grease gun with a lock n lube makes quick work of it.

/ Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU #4  
You may want to look at the new L2502. It's pretty much the L2501 but I believe they've moved the brake to the left side and made a couple of other changes. There is an upgraded front loader for it as well.

/ Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU
You may want to look at the new L2502. It's pretty much the L2501 but I believe they've moved the brake to the left side and made a couple of other changes. There is an upgraded front loader for it as well.
It's too heavy and too wide.

/ Looking at B2301 and LX2601SU
LX is a size up from the B or Deere 2 series, are you sure those extra dimensions are ok? If you are looking at the LX SU I would consider the B2601 if you don't need the size/weight. You can easily make the B as heavy as the LX.

I still grease mine every 10 hours....the battery powered grease gun with a lock n lube makes quick work of it.
Do not need the hp in the 2601. Looking at it for more comfort.

My first tractor for 9 years was an 18.5 hp 4010. The 2601 and 2025R have too much power. Only time I ever use full hp is in trying to dig stumps out. Spending near $5,000 for an outfit to come in and remove all those and to forest mulch the place. Won't need to try to remove any stumps.