Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello, I am in the Market for a new tractor, and i would consider the RK55 CAB Loader Backhoe. So here is my questions.

Has anyone who owns a new Rural King Experienced a service issue in the field. 2 Hours away from local store and how did that turn out?

Next, If Rural King were to go the way of the Cabelas Brand Tractors..and Flounder Will TYM dealers even Look at a RK tractor, after all i gave them most of my money? (even though RK got their cut and put their name on it)

Also, You say TYM also makes Mahindra, Which Models? (not doubting just trying to compare)

I realize brand loyalty takes time, but we need to hear about any of these experiences to make a reasonable decision.....especially the service oriented ones...Really like the RK Rep on here. but we have to remember he is paid something....(please forgive me Just stating facts, no harm meant)

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #2  
Not sure why TYM would not work on them...same machine. I would be more concerned about parts availability and service in the short term. It sounds like RK is really working hard to grow those portions of the business....but it takes time. The good news is RK Tractor Guy is here and will likely help if really necessary. I wish we had a Kubota rep here!

I would strongly consider RK....if they had a store in my state!

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions
Agree 100% and part of my decision making process. All tractor brands should have a reliable rep on here.....

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #4  
You're expecting RK to be bought out by Bass Pros? It's been beat to death on here that the decision to drop Cabelas tractor line was made by the Bass Pro people after the buyout.

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions
You're expecting RK to be bought out by Bass Pros? It's been beat to death on here that the decision to drop Cabelas tractor line was made by the Bass Pro people after the buyout.

NO i am not expecting Bass Pro to buy out RK.......Just used that as an example.

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #6  
Hello, I am in the Market for a new tractor, and i would consider the RK55 CAB Loader Backhoe. So here is my questions.

Has anyone who owns a new Rural King Experienced a service issue in the field. 2 Hours away from local store and how did that turn out?

Next, If Rural King were to go the way of the Cabelas Brand Tractors..and Flounder Will TYM dealers even Look at a RK tractor, after all i gave them most of my money? (even though RK got their cut and put their name on it)

Also, You say TYM also makes Mahindra, Which Models? (not doubting just trying to compare)

I realize brand loyalty takes time, but we need to hear about any of these experiences to make a reasonable decision.....especially the service oriented ones...Really like the RK Rep on here. but we have to remember he is paid something....(please forgive me Just stating facts, no harm meant)

Keep in mind: The very helpful RK rep may not work for RK forever.

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #7  
Lol it was an sarcastic post. I just keep seeing that brought up as a death knell for the RK brand.

John Deere, New Holland, White, Mahindra and I forget the others at the moment have all lost or consolidated dealer locations far from here. Makes me glad I didn't buy that Mahindra a couple of years ago.

I have came to the conclusion that all of the brands are a gamble if you are looking at dealer support.

My closest RK happens to be Waverly OH it's also the location of one of their assembly centers. Does that mean anything in the long run? Nope not really.

Look at Yanmar they sold here quit selling their brand and started producing John Deere badged small tractors. Now they are selling their brand again.

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #8  
Lol it was an sarcastic post. I just keep seeing that brought up as a death knell for the RK brand.

John Deere, New Holland, White, Mahindra and I forget the others at the moment have all lost or consolidated dealer locations far from here. Makes me glad I didn't buy that Mahindra a couple of years ago.

I have came to the conclusion that all of the brands are a gamble if you are looking at dealer support.

My closest RK happens to be Waverly OH it's also the location of one of their assembly centers. Does that mean anything in the long run? Nope not really.

Look at Yanmar they sold here quit selling their brand and started producing John Deere badged small tractors. Now they are selling their brand again.

We had a Massey Ferguson dealer here for about 50 years. It is gone now. There are no guarantees. The only thing you can know for sure is that there are a lot of TYM built tractors in the market now and it is growing. That gives you a good shot at being able to get parts if RK were to happen to stumble. The RK uses a Yanmar engine so there are no worries about parts there.

The RK55 and Mahindra 2655 would be the same chassis with different engines and bodywork. The RK uses a Yanmar where the Mahindra has a Mahindra built engine.

Hilly777 on the board here (also can find him on YouTube) has the RK55 and lives nearby (Dandridge/Kodak/Seveirville area if I recall correctly). You might message him for a real-use opinion.

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #9  
I believe that it's been mention on this forum a couple times by the RK rep (RK Tractor Guy) that RK does NOT do field service. The tractor must be taken to them for service.....Don

/ Looking at Buying a New Tractor Have RK Questions #10  
I believe that it's been mention on this forum a couple times by the RK rep (RK Tractor Guy) that RK does NOT do field service. The tractor must be taken to them for service.....Don

The RK website says differently if I understand it correctly.

"a team of mobile technicians that can go anywhere to perform almost any service." :confused3: