Looking for a better idea on how to improvise cutting back a road

/ Looking for a better idea on how to improvise cutting back a road #1  

Root Cause

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
I am looking for a cheap and efficient way to trim back tree limbs from the road with what i already own. Pole saw, trailer, SXS or tractor is what I have.

I looked a flail mower here where the tongue could offset mowing ditches and wondered if I could improvise using my trailer by making a longer tongue by adding 2 pieces (in red). It would be low speed and I could drop the limbs in the trailer to dispose of periodically while protecting the tow vehicle.

1632273980021.png

Looking for a better idea!

/ Looking for a better idea on how to improvise cutting back a road #2  
For light duty, find an old receiver hitch and a straight tube to connect to the tow vehicle receiver. Put a ball on the end of the crosspiece.

offset-tow.png

Bruce

/ Looking for a better idea on how to improvise cutting back a road #3  
Pole saw and a grapple on the tractor would be ideal. Your idea of the offset trailor sounds good if using only the equipment listed.

/ Looking for a better idea on how to improvise cutting back a road
If I were getting paid to cut back 4 miles of road, I would buy a grappler in a minute. There are about 50 landowners and probably a handful that will come help on a workday.

BCP, at first, I thought your design would limit right turns but I think it would work with a ball and a bit simpler as well.
I am going to the shed to see what I can cobble together. Thanks everyone.