Looking For A Yanmar Dealer In Southern/West Mich Or Northern Indiana

/ Looking For A Yanmar Dealer In Southern/West Mich Or Northern Indiana #1  

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I want to buy new. I can't find any Yanmar dealers that aren't predominantly some other kind of equipment sellers. Like they took on Yanmar as a side because some Regional guy came through a few years ago offering free franchises. And the dealership really isn't all that interested in whether he sells one or not. If he even has one to sell. Usually not. Almost always not unless it's a SCUT parked out by his riding mowers.

And I'm not interested in that. At all.

So if anybody knows of a real Yanmar dealership within a 150 mile range of me (I'm between Lansing and Grand Rapids) I'd appreciate it.

That's the problem with these lesser known Tractors. They may (or may not) be excellent tractors but the support behind them is almost nonexistent without a decent dealership to work with. Looking at Mahindra, too. But that might not work out. India is in big trouble with the covid going wild and they're shutting everything down

/ Looking For A Yanmar Dealer In Southern/West Mich Or Northern Indiana #3  
I'm not aware of any 'real' dealers of Yanmar, Mahindra, TYM or LS. Every single one I've ever seen is as you say, something else also selling tractors. The Yanmar dealer nearest me is basically a tractor and outdoor machines junk yard and parts place. The TYM dealer I went to while I was looking was an outdoor power sports and yard machine seller. They were too busy selling ZTRs to bother to talk to me about tractors. The Mahindra dealer was the same ... lawn mower place. My LS dealer is a farm supply store.

Even the bigger web sellers like Brunos aren't focused on one brand like JD or the orange places are.

For that matter, add in Massey and NH. The Massey dealer here is a CAT dealer, focusing on the big CAT graders and excavators. The NH dealer is also a Cub and/or IH dealer.

/ Looking For A Yanmar Dealer In Southern/West Mich Or Northern Indiana
I'm not aware of any 'real' dealers of Yanmar, Mahindra, TYM or LS. Every single one I've ever seen is as you say, something else also selling tractors. The Yanmar dealer nearest me is basically a tractor and outdoor machines junk yard and parts place. The TYM dealer I went to while I was looking was an outdoor power sports and yard machine seller. They were too busy selling ZTRs to bother to talk to me about tractors. The Mahindra dealer was the same ... lawn mower place. My LS dealer is a farm supply store.

Even the bigger web sellers like Brunos aren't focused on one brand like JD or the orange places are.

For that matter, add in Massey and NH. The Massey dealer here is a CAT dealer, focusing on the big CAT graders and excavators. The NH dealer is also a Cub and/or IH dealer.

The ones I've found are either out of business, as in -- gonzo, or carry Yanmar excavators or Yanmar Marine or something not even remotely what I'm looking for. I'd be happy with a Yanmar Dealer that also carried another series of tractors that was both better known and bigger sellers.

The ones I've run into are either out of business, lawn mower dealers or way too big into other, bigger equipment to care about my little tractor. If they don't have the first tractor on the lot........ That's what we call a 'clue'

I was hoping for someone with a personal history with a Yanmar Dealer within 50 miles of Lansing. South of Lansing or West of Lansing would be more gooder.

I like LS but they have the same problem. Dealers.

In my neck of the woods you can't drive 10 minutes without having to dodge a green dealer. And they're on my list, for sure.

Last. But they're on it.

/ Looking For A Yanmar Dealer In Southern/West Mich Or Northern Indiana #6  
I want to buy new. I can't find any Yanmar dealers that aren't predominantly some other kind of equipment sellers. Like they took on Yanmar as a side because some Regional guy came through a few years ago offering free franchises. And the dealership really isn't all that interested in whether he sells one or not. If he even has one to sell. Usually not. Almost always not unless it's a SCUT parked out by his riding mowers.

And I'm not interested in that. At all.

So if anybody knows of a real Yanmar dealership within a 150 mile range of me (I'm between Lansing and Grand Rapids) I'd appreciate it.

That's the problem with these lesser known Tractors. They may (or may not) be excellent tractors but the support behind them is almost nonexistent without a decent dealership to work with. Looking at Mahindra, too. But that might not work out. India is in big trouble with the covid going wild and they're shutting everything down
Check out Foote tractor in Howell. They are a full dealership in tractors only. I bought my 424 there. Very good service. See Tom or Jim.

/ Looking For A Yanmar Dealer In Southern/West Mich Or Northern Indiana #7  
I know it's prob a bit of a drive but I purchased mine from Weiss Equipment in Frankenmuth. They have been in business a very long time. They sold the Cub Yanmars before the current ones. They sell Cubs, Yanmars and Large case tractor. Dave was great in ag sales.

Thanks but it is quite the drive. But not un-doable. At all.

People who don't know Michigan well don't understand how big a State it is. It is gi-normous.

Including the UP, it's the biggest State East of the Mighty Miss. If you include all the water. If not, then Georgia is. Georgia is big too.

We're talking Eastern States, here. The West is another ball game.

I like Michigan. Don't live there full time but the people are quite industrious. Hard working, creative, inventive. The weather bites but I see people out there in 30 degree weather running around in T-Shirts. And we're not talking Utah 30 degrees where there's not a lot of humidity or wind. We're talking bone-chilling shoot-me-now cold. Tough people. Or nuts. Not sure which. :)