Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #1  

boostmg

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3620 TLB Hydro
Hey guys I've made about a million posts on here and have been all over the board. At this point I am feeling there is a "sweet spot" that will suit my needs which would be to find a used (older) compact TLB that's 30-40hp (35/40hp preferred) and has around $1k hours or less.

What I'm looking for is advice on which machines to look at and which ones to stay away from.

I care about parts availability a lot. So I'm hoping someone can recommend a general direction of which machines to look for and which to stay away from.

Right now it seems like John Deere's, New Hollands, and Yanmars may fill this sweet spot.

I did see a few fords, but after doing some research it sounded like parts are very hard to find for the models I looked at.

I would ideally want to be able to purchase engine rebuild kits for it for much much later down the road, but it's peace of mind knowing that they would be available for said machine.

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #2  
Seems like you are asking for a lot. Around here, just used 3ph hoes are going for almost ten grand CDN.

GENERALLY speaking. You are always better to spend more on a used tractor than less, as often a bargain is no bargain at all.

Last edited:
   / Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #3  
Seems like you are asking for a lot. Around here, just used 3ph hoes are going for almost ten grand CDN.

GENERALLY speaking. You are always better to spend more on a used tractor than less, as often a bargain is no bargain at all.
I agree. Around me, just a tractor and loader with less than 1k hours will go for $12k-15k.

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #4  
Hey guys I've made about a million posts on here and have been all over the board. At this point I am feeling there is a "sweet spot" that will suit my needs which would be to find a used (older) compact TLB that's 30-40hp (35/40hp preferred) and has around $1k hours or less.

What I'm looking for is advice on which machines to look at and which ones to stay away from.

I care about parts availability a lot. So I'm hoping someone can recommend a general direction of which machines to look for and which to stay away from.

Right now it seems like John Deere's, New Hollands, and Yanmars may fill this sweet spot.

I did see a few fords, but after doing some research it sounded like parts are very hard to find for the models I looked at.

I would ideally want to be able to purchase engine rebuild kits for it for much much later down the road, but it's peace of mind knowing that they would be available for said machine.

I think you may be close to dream land.
Two months ago I bought a 13 year old, very low hour, Kubota L48 TLB (48HP) for the paltry sum of 32K.
I sold my nearly pristine 49 year old Ford 3400 TLB with 1857 hours, at the same time, for 9K.
You can probably find a (good to very good) used TLB, of the type you are looking for, in the 20K to 24K range.
For any less money: Not "very good"!

I also have a 1k hour 1989 Ford 1920 FEL, and have had very little difficulty finding parts.

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours
I think you may be close to dream land.
Two months ago I bought a 13 year old, very low hour, Kubota L48 TLB (48HP) for the paltry sum of 32K.
I sold my 49 year old Ford 3400 with 1857 hours, at the same time, for 9K.
You can probably find a decent used TLB, of the type you are looking for, in the 20K to 24K range

dunno .. i've seen what i described above a few times. they exist.

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #6  
dunno .. i've seen what i described above a few times. they exist.

Maybe in Ohio?.... "they exist",.... but not in the East, or South, unless they are VERY old..

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #7  
Many are actually SCAMS.

I have tried to help various friends buy tractors over the years and just gave up on that. You need to have the money in your pocket and your truck fueled up and ready to go at a moments notice. But these people always had other stuff to do!

And then be prepared to have many of these trips end up in disappointment. There is always a fly in the oinment!

Last edited:
   / Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #8  
Out west such a tractor TLB just does not exist, maybe for 5 minutes! Best of Luck!

Ricn

/ Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #9  
Are you talking a real TLB or just a tractor with a backhoe on it? The only compact construction grade TLBs on the market to my knowledge are Kubota and Deere (110s no longer being made). If you mean a tractor with a backhoe...there are lots of options. That said, not many in your price and size range. A backhoe is one of the most expensive attachments you can buy.

As long as you have time (months to years) and are very dedicated...you can perhaps find the right one. You will have to constantly monitor multiple sources and be ready to travel far to get it quickly. If you need it soon, it is probably folly. Be careful with buying a used machine as backhoes are one implement many inexperienced damage quickly.

Last edited:
   / Looking for Compact TLB ... 30-40hp .. used for around $15kish with 1k or less hours #10  
I also live in Ohio and looked for several months before buying the JD 110 i have now. I was looking at JD's and Kubota's only and nothing i could find was less than 18k for a decent tractor. Decent meaning not beat to crap and not huge amounts of hours. I might be selling my 110 later this year but even with a hair over 2k hours i will still be asking 18-20k. Just my experience with TLB's in the ohio,Indiana,Kentucky area Thanks