Looking for small off-road trailer

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #11  
I have the Polar tandem axle 1500# trailer (model 8262) that Bridge4 linked for about 8 years. I added the side extensions which increased the capacity from 22 up to 35 cu ft. It comes with the pin hitch, but I also purchased the conversion to makeit work with a 2" ball hitch. It's held up well for me so far. The tandem axle is a definite plus in rough terrain. The down side is that the tandem wheels scrub when turning sharply and it's more expensive than the single axle.

It does dump by hand, but the balance is decent so the hand dumping is do-able unless you load it in a front-heavy manner.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer
I have the Polar tandem axle 1500# trailer (model 8262) that Bridge4 linked for about 8 years. I added the side extensions which increased the capacity from 22 up to 35 cu ft. It comes with the pin hitch, but I also purchased the conversion to makeit work with a 2" ball hitch. It's held up well for me so far. The tandem axle is a definite plus in rough terrain. The down side is that the tandem wheels scrub when turning sharply and it's more expensive than the single axle.

It does dump by hand, but the balance is decent so the hand dumping is do-able unless you load it in a front-heavy manner.
great, I actually made the order last night! But for the single axle. I think if I find it isn't doing what I need from it, I would try the TA kit, but from a few reviews it sounds like it isn't really as great as I want it to be. I think it needs an Independent Suspension to do it how my fathers 6 wheeler does. Anyways, I am happy to hear you have had success with it, I also ordered the side extensions.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #13  
I'd love to find a small dumping trailer, I have a huge heap of wood chips out front where the chipper trucks drop them and a variety of places across the land I move them to. That Polar Trailer's 1 cu yd would fit two tractor buckets (1/3cu yd bucket but it's light stuff and overfilling the bucket is easy)... I want something about 3yd, maybe 4. $5k for a proper dumping 5x8 trailer isn't quite in my budget, I keep hoping that the price of dump trailers crashes....
I looked at these and they seemed pretty neat. Off road and road legal. Not sure of the prices now though.

I looked at these and they seemed pretty neat. Off road and road legal. Not sure of the prices now though.

Those look great, a step up from what I need, but they also might be a good solution down the road when I want to get into a bigger dump.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #16  
I want something about 3yd, maybe 4. $5k for a proper dumping 5x8 trailer isn't quite in my budget, I keep hoping that the price of dump trailers crashes....
Are your sure you meant THREE yards? That's huge, for a tow behind trailer. Here is a pic of a three yard dump truck and double axle dump trailer...
1679750966944.png

1679750742063.png

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #17  
Or buy an old snowmobile trailer and have at it
An old sno-mobile trailer is what I have been using for many many years, it's worked out very well and I can pull it right down the road, if I want.

SR

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #18  
great, I actually made the order last night! But for the single axle. I think if I find it isn't doing what I need from it, I would try the TA kit, but from a few reviews it sounds like it isn't really as great as I want it to be. I think it needs an Independent Suspension to do it how my fathers 6 wheeler does. Anyways, I am happy to hear you have had success with it, I also ordered the side extensions.
Another useful accessory is the cover. Make sure you get the one to fit your trailer. The one for the 1200# trailer won't fit the 1500# trailer. The correct cover will also fit with the extended sides on.

I've found it handy when I have a load of gear and want to keep rain or snow off of it, but don't want to have to unpack it.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #19  
Another useful accessory is the cover. Make sure you get the one to fit your trailer. The one for the 1200# trailer won't fit the 1500# trailer. The correct cover will also fit with the extended sides on.

I've found it handy when I have a load of gear and want to keep rain or snow off of it, but don't want to have to unpack it.
good tip, thank you I'll get it on order. I was thinking about it but wasn't sure, I can find room in one of my shipping containers, but realistically it's going to be outside next to my utility trailer.