Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England)

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #1  

hendr1x

Tractor
2003 Kubota L3130
Hello everyone,
Willing to drive to pick up new tires for my L3130. I currently have R4s. I'm happy to keep them but would also be willing to do others.

If anyone has any or if they know a place to get them at a good value I would appreciate it.

-J

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #2  
You try Pete's tire barn?

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #3  
Welcome to the forum - hendr1x. I don't know what is a "good value" for you. I would suggest your local Kubota dealer or a speciality tire store. Out west, here, we have these specialty tire stores - Les Schwab, Specialty Tires of America, etc. Suggest you try googling - tractor tire stores - and see what you get.

If you go to R-1's from your current R-4's, you will have to get new rims also. R-1's will not go on R-4 rims.

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #4  
What tire size is inscribed on your existing R4 tires, front and rear?

Do you need new fronts? new rears? or both fronts and rears?

Chances are you can purchase tractor tires cheaper on the web, including delivery, then from a local dealer.

You may save sales tax.

Last edited:
   / Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #5  
What tire size is inscribed on your existing R4 tires, front and rear?

Do you need new fronts? new rears? or both fronts and rears?

Chances are you can purchase tractor tires cheaper on the web, including delivery, then from a local dealer.

You may save sales tax.

Ditto on the Interweb. I paid less for tires (13.9x28) with tubes and mounted on new steel rims than I could buy just the tires locally (within the county). :rolleyes: The fronts came by UPS. The rears came by truck. The truck driver backed into my drive and helped me get them into the back of my pickup. He was gone within 10 minutes. I would do it again for my IH if it needed tires.

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #6  
Hello everyone,
Willing to drive to pick up new tires for my L3130. I currently have R4s. I'm happy to keep them but would also be willing to do others.

If anyone has any or if they know a place to get them at a good value I would appreciate it.

-J

Yep..... as Peter 315 suggests.
Pete's Tire Barn!
They have 19 locations in New England, and are good folks to work with for tractor tires.

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #7  
Ditto what Peter recommends: Pete's Tire Barn. Got my tires for the 770 there at a price that couldn't be touched online. Dropped off the old tires and rims, picked them up, mounted and ready to bolt back on. Bought all four blemished Titans for the same price as one rear regular price. This was a number of years ago, but they are still a great price for off-road tires.

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #8  
Just has Pete's replace the R1's on mine, came right to the house .

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #9  
A couple of years ago, I considered getting some R-4's for my L3400- there was a tire dealer in KY or TN that had a set of 4, on Kubota wheels, for around $1100 + $115 shipping- about half what local sellers wanted. I'd start online searching before I bought anything. Truck shipping cost isn't always a deal breaker.

/ Looking for tires for my L3130 (New England) #10  
For those buying tractor tires on the interweb, how do you get them mounted? I can see throwing a couple fronts onto the truck and taking it to the local tire dealer - what's that cost and does it eat up savings by buying online?

What do you do about the rears? The only thing that will lift my rear tires - is the tractor.

Last edited: