Looking to add a garage heater. 43' x 30'

/ Looking to add a garage heater. 43' x 30' #11  
I put a Modine in the garage I built in Alaska. We had natural gas fired circulating hot water. I just plumbed a hot water loop into the garage and used that. No worries about sparks, flames or combustion gasses. Nothing to vent to the outside either.

/ Looking to add a garage heater. 43' x 30' #12  

Radiant tube heaters work well enough to be in a T-shirt inside at -20oC outside but are very inefficient and costly to operate these days. Good for large open spaces with high ceilings, quiet operation, heats the objects inside the building vs trying to heat up all the air in the building first.

/ Looking to add a garage heater. 43' x 30' #13  
I’d get one of those forced air units like Reznor that hang in the corner. They air relatively inexpensive and heat the place in a hurry. Mine is propane. The picture is similar to mine.

Attachments

• 949.jpg
    949.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 191
I also have a 30,000btu propane modine type heater. I have a 25x24 attached garage that has 2x6 insulated plastered walls/ceiling and insulated garage doors. The floor is not insulated. I find that the 30k btu heater is sized about right for my situation. Cold vehicles and strong winds (door leakage) will make the heater work for a while but it will easily maintain temperature. When I worked on a winter project out there, I burned more propane keeping the garage at 50/60 that it took heating the house. I would never depend on a unvented heater for long-term use!